18

FIONA
The longest known silent treatment in the Gallagher house was between Debbie and Ian, which lasted for 4 days. But, I think the silent treatment happening between me and Lip is worse. Why? Well, we haven't spoken to each other in 3 weeks. Yes, it's been 3 weeks since Ian was admitted to the Cook County Psychiatric Hospital, which meant it had been 3 weeks since Lip and I last spoke to each other.

"Lip's already gone?" Mickey asked as he walked downstairs, looking tired. He had been sleeping in Ian's bed for the past 3 weeks.

"Yep. Left the house at 6 am just to avoid me." I laughed, pouring myself another cup of coffee.

"How long does the silent treatment last in this house?" Mickey sat down, rubbing his eyes.

"Knowing my family and the shit we've been through, a while. The most recent silent treatment, before Lip and I, occurred between Ian and Debbie 3 years ago. It lasted 4 days." I looked at Mickey, who seemed shocked.

"What did one of them do?" Mickey questioned, dumbfounded.

"Ian mislead Debbie into believing that the boy she had a crush on liked her back. She went to ask him out but he embarrassed her in front of all their friends. She refused to even be in the same room as Ian." I rolled my eyes, remembering the past.

"Do you have any memory of Monica before..." Mickey asked, confused.

"...before she abandoned me? Not really. I was young when she left, so my memories of her might be either gone entirely or in the deepest part of my brain, refusing to come out." I laughed.

"You know, if I had Monica as a mother, I would have gotten emancipated. No offence." Mickey smirked.

"No offence taken. But, how was your mom? I mean, she must have been better than Monica." I questioned Mickey, who exhaled.

"Uh, no, not really. She bailed on Mandy and me when I was 10 and I haven't seen her since. I don't even know if the bitch is dead or alive..." Mickey admitted.

"Well, I can always appreciate Monica for trying to be a mom. She wasn't a good mom, ever, but she tried to be..." I looked down.

"If Monica was still alive, I would thank her." Mickey blurted out.

"Thank her for what?" I was confused by Mickey's statement.

"Ian inherited her Bipolar Disorder, right?" Mickey's was starting to confuse me.

"Yes?" I responded.

"Well, even though it has its cons, like needing medication that makes you depressed and possible manic episodes, it's also good, because Ian is more likely to do things that he wouldn't have the courage to do. I mean, do you think that a 17-year-old Ian would have started working at a gay bar if he wasn't Bipolar?" Mickey asked, my eyes widening.

MICKEY
"He what?!" Fiona was confused and shocked.

"You didn't know?" I looked at Fiona, surprised. I assumed that she knew, understanding that Ian wasn't the type of person to keep secrets from his sister.

"No?! I thought he was still working at Kash and Grab!" Fiona got upset. I laughed, knowing that he quit that job at least 2 and half years ago.

"Please tell me he doesn't fuck anyone there..." Fiona looked at me with hope. I sighed, not expecting her to assume the worst, which of course, is what she did.

"Oh god. My now married 18-year-old brother is getting fucked by dudes more than twice his age!" I started to panic.

"Pump the brakes, Gallagher. I never said that. Ian gives dances to older patrons at a gay bar in Boystown called The Fairytale. Mind you, they are lap dances, but he gets paid good money to be nice to rich old men, so that has to count for something, right?" I couldn't believe that I was defending the place that allowed a minor to dance in nothing but a gold thong that didn't do anything to hide his 9-inch member.

"When Ian gets out, I am sure as hell not gonna let him work there anymore." Fiona hissed, trying to remain calm.

"Well, I tried that and he got so pissed at me that he refused to talk to me, so good luck with that." I laughed, watching as Fiona tried not to imagine her younger brother in a golden thong.