4

IAN
I pushed Frank into my room. I shut the door and looked at Frank, who clearly seemed high.

"What do you want?" I asked, confusing Frank.

"Huh?" He asked, directing his attention to me.

"What do you want?" I repeated my question, Frank still looking at me confused.

"I'm not following..." He sighed.

"In exchange for not telling anyone what you overheard about Mickey and I, I'm willing to give you anything you want." I bargained with him.

"No thanks." Frank smiled.

"Excuse me?" I was dumbfounded.

"Look, Ian, I have a raging alcohol problem that will probably result in me forgetting your little marital issues with Mickey." Frank admitted.

"Well, Frank. That same raging alcohol problem will also probably result in you accidentally telling someone about my marital issues with Mickey, hence my bargain." I explained.

"How was the blessed event, anyway?" Frank asked as I sat on my bed, sighing.

"I- Uh, don't remember." I looked away, Frank laughing.

"What do you mean you don't remember? Aren't married couples supposed to remember their wedding day?" Frank laughed, sitting down beside me.

"Mickey and I were drunk. One moment we were doing something stupid and the next moment, I woke up with a wedding ring on my finger and Mickey in bed next to me." I rolled my eyes.

"So you had a Vegas wedding?" Frank smiled.

"What?" My eyes went to him. He was making no sense.

"Y'know, go to a wedding chapel in Vegas, hand the priest a marriage license, say "I do" and bam. You're married. Not legally of course." Frank smirked.

"How the fuck are an 18-year-old and a 20-year-old from the South Side of Chicago supposed to get to Vegas?" I asked, confused.

"Okay, so not a Vegas wedding, but I'm sure there are places right here in Chicago that go by the same standards as a wedding chapel in Vegas. And that means annulment is possible." Frank smiled.

"Annulment?" I glanced at Frank, confused as to what he was saying.

"Annulment is when a judge or court finds that there was no legal marriage between the parties, even though a marriage ceremony may have taken place. For example, you go to a wedding chapel in Vegas, you hand them a marriage license, say "I do" and then you leave, being married. But, an annulment can identify that yes, the two parties in question did have a marriage license, but they didn't have any other legal documents like passports, birth certificates...stuff that can really legalise a marriage." Frank explained. For the first time ever, Frank's knowledge was actually useful.

"How do you know that?" I questioned.

"I've been a guest at many Vegas weddings and a groom at many Vegas weddings." Frank smirked.

"So in Vegas, you can get married, but it wouldn't be legally binding?" I asked, worried.

"Exactly!" Frank smiled.

"Well, shit." I rolled my eyes.

"What? What's wrong?" Frank asked, confused.

"This." I handed him mine and Mickey's marriage certificate.

"Holy shit, is this actually real, like legal?!" Frank laughed.

"Yep. That right there, in your hand, is mine and Mickey's marriage certificate granted to us by a court of law in Chicago. Mickey and I are legally husband and husband." I smiled.

"Holy shit. I have a Milkovich as a son-in-law." Frank's eyes widened.

"Can I see it?" Frank asked, referring to my wedding ring.

"Sure." I pulled it out from underneath my shirt and handed it to him, watching as he looked at it in awe.

"How the fuck did you get this?" Frank smirked.

"Mickey spent his drug money on two rings." I smiled.

"Wait, did you have your phone on you when you got married?" Frank asked. My eyes widened.

"Yes, I think so!" I started to smile. Maybe I could get a sense of what happened when Mickey and I got married.

Turning on my phone, I swiped through all my photos. My heart stopped when I got to a photo that showed me and Mickey in front of a judge with suits on and wedding rings on our fingers.

"Holy fuck. You and Mickey were really going all out for it. Had fuckin' suits and everything." Frank laughed.

"Jesus. We actually look presentable..." I couldn't believe it.

"The real question is, how is the husband taking the unexpected marriage?" Frank chuckled.

"He told me that he was going to forget that we were married and also said that he was going to fuck other people before getting upset that I worked at a gay club and was possibly getting fucked by older men." I rolled my eyes.

"Well, that's an interesting development." Frank laughed.

"Now. If you'll excuse me, I have a husband to avoid." I exhaled, taking the ring out of Frank's hand and putting it back around my neck as a necklace.

"When do you wear the ring on your finger?" He asked, confused.

"When I'm at work, or when I'm nowhere near any of you." I smiled, exiting my room, putting the marriage certificate back in its secret place.