8- Drunk Call(1)

Jacklyn

*Midnight*

I woke up from my sleep feeling thirsty and decided to go down to get some water. As I stepped out of my room, I heard voices coming from Kevin's room. It was Jeremiah speaking on a call. His words weren't clear, but I could sense the anger in his tone. I tried to lean against the door for a better listen, but suddenly, the door swung open.

"What are you doing here?" he asked, his voice carrying the same intensity as it had on the call.

"I-I was feeling thi...rs...ty," I stammered.

His expression softened slightly as he realized he had spoken to me in that harsh tone. He closed his eyes, took a deep breath, and looked at me again.

"Sorry, baby. I'll get you some water. You go inside."

"Ok."

He smiled slightly, and I went back into my room. After a while, he came in with a water bottle. I drank from it and handed it back to him. He closed the bottle and placed it on the nightstand.

"Did you hear anything?" he asked.

"No, why?"

"Nothing. Sleep."

"Who were you talking with?"

"Kevin."

"About?"

"Nice try, but sorry. Get some rest. I have plans for tomorrow-with you."

"I have college."

"Fuck it, baby, I don't care."

"I care," I insisted.

He chuckled. "Don't lie."

With that, he left the room. I couldn't stop thinking about what could be so confidential that I wasn't allowed to hear, and why was Jeremiah upset about it?

I couldn't sleep with all these thoughts swirling in my mind, so I got up and went to the balcony. The lights in Ren's house were on, and I could see him sitting on the bed, doing something on his laptop.

Should I call him?

No, Jacklyn, no.

But...

After what felt like forever, I went back inside, grabbed my phone, and dialed his number. My heart pounded with every ring. I was so nervous, and I wasn't even sure what to say.

After a few rings, he picked up.

"Hello?"

His voice was so sexy that my words got stuck in my throat.

"Hello? Who's this?" he asked again, and I panicked, hanging up.

My heart was beating like crazy, and I felt like I couldn't stand anymore. I had never felt this way before.

What is he doing to me?

I tossed the phone aside and flopped onto the bed.

A few seconds later, the phone started ringing. I glanced at the caller ID: *DADDY*.

After a long internal debate, I answered the call.

"Hello, baby girl. Miss me?"

My heart screamed, "WHAT THE FUCK."