16- lossing Control

Jacklyn

I furiously ate my lunch, which Jerry had ordered.

What is the matter with him?

What should I do...?

Kavin will return on Monday, and today is Saturday. I need to get some answers to these stupid questions.

*Time Skip*

Aghhh, why is this door locked? Can't he just leave it open? Who locks their main door unless they want to keep out people like me trying to sneak in?

I made my way to the other side of his house where I could see his bedroom. I climbed up the stairs and spotted a shirtless Ren sitting in his office area, his back facing me. Never in my life did I think I'd sneak into someone's house—especially not a handsome man's. I gathered my courage and slowly slid open the bedroom glass door, trying not to draw his attention.

"Good to see you here, brat."

I froze, fear flooding down my spine. He swiveled his chair around, revealing an incredibly hot smirk as he rolled a cigarette between his fingers. I awkwardly smiled, trying to play it cool.

"Hi, Ren."

He laughed, stubbing out his cigarette on the table before tossing it into the trash bin. "Hi, princess. Need something?"

I remembered why I was there, and leaned against the door with my arms crossed, trying to look angry. "Yes, I do need something."

"Come here," he said, patting his lap.

Furiously, I walked over and sat on one of his thighs. He pulled me closer, his hand firmly on my waist, and asked in a deep, low voice, "Had your lunch?"

"Yes, Jeremiah ordered it."

He pinched the bridge of his nose, his expression uneasy as he closed his eyes. Worried, I leaned closer. "What happened, Ren?"

I pulled his hand away from his face, concerned.

"Nothing, princess. So, why are you here? You could have just called me."

Oh shit! Why did I lose my temper like this? Maybe it’s him…

"I need an apology."

"Sorry, little one," he said instantly.

"Aren't you going to ask me why?"

"I just did what you wanted. I don't think I need reasons from you."

I whined in defeat. "Nooo, Ren, ask me why!"

"Okay, love, why?" he asked, spinning both of us around in the chair to face the monitor he had been working on. I glanced at the screen and saw he was watching a live CCTV feed of his house.

Ohooo, now I know how he knew I was here. But why is he watching it?

"So you knew I was here?"

"Yes, I did. The room are unlocked, but not the main door."

"You can control the whole lock system of your house?"

"Yes, princess."

"Oh, I see. But why are you watching your own house?"

He sighed in frustration, turning off the monitor quickly. Then, he grabbed my legs and positioned me so I was straddling his waist, looking directly into his eyes.

"Why are you here?"

Again, I got distracted. WHYY?

But...

The position caught me off guard. Him inches away from me, shirtless, and those chocolate abs...

"They're all yours, princess. You can stare at them whenever you want."

I lifted my eyes from his abs to his eyes, then his lips, his jawline, his neck—every detail was mesmerizing. I could simply stare at him all day if I could.

He wore a proud smirk, clearly pleased with how I was admiring him.

Those lips...

I can't bear this...