15- Old Friend

Ren

As usual, I climbed down from Jacklyn's balcony and walked towards the car, already knowing who it was.

"Mind explaining your sudden visit?" I asked.

Stefen gave me an evil smirk. "Missed my old friend. It's been a while since we last met. At least... won't you let me inside? I don't think I caused you that much of a loss."

Not that much of a loss, you motherfucker!

I walked into my house, knowing he'd follow me inside.

Stefen Hemsworth is one of those friends I regret now. There was a time when Stefen, Kevin, Jeremiah, and I were so close—both in work and personal life.

Two years ago, my father handed all his power and position, including the mafia operations, over to me. Back then, we formed a team and everything ran smoothly until Stefen fucking Hemsworth ruined it by leaking our strategies to an opponent.

After that incident, for various reasons, we split up. My father resumed his role as mafia leader and left me with only the company.

"Had a lot of memories here," Stefen said as we walked inside.

"Until your betrayal," I muttered.

He chuckled softly. That was not a joke, you bastard. He sat on the couch, and I took a seat opposite him, eager to end this quickly.

"So...?"

"I need your help," he said, using his best business tone.

"What about no? Especially to you? Not happening."

He leaned forward, trying to look intimidating, but come on—I’m Ren Nathen.

"What if I told you that by helping me, you could get your mafia position back?"

He knew exactly where to strike. Stefen was aware of everything about me. I took a deep breath, wondering if I could trust him again.

"Don't overthink it, Ren. You can trust me."

"Says who?"

"Okay, I'll explain the proposal. Whether you agree or not, it's your choice."

He took a sip of water and began outlining his plan. It was good, with seemingly no risks, but I'd have to sneak behind my father's back to pull it off.

"I'll think about it."

Stefen gave me a look that said, *That's what I wanted to hear.* He continued, "Take the whole night to decide and let me know in the morning. It's not like I'm going anywhere."

What?!

"What do you mean?" I glared at him. Keeping my cool this long had already taken a lot of effort.

He panicked for a moment, then composed himself. "Relax, Ren. I'll leave in the morning after hearing your decision."

"Stefen, stop this bullshit and leave," I said, standing up and heading to the kitchen to prepare my lunch.

"I'm using the guest room, Ren," Stefen shouted after me.

Aghhh...

Why today? I wanted to spend my time with my...

With my... Princess.

Oh shit, Jacklyn!

I totally forgot about her. She must be furious with me.

!