14 - Family?

Jacklyn

I smirked proudly at his change of expression. I love the effect I have on him.

"You calling me 'Daddy' is totally fine, but I bet you can't do it in front of others," he teased.

"In front of others?" I asked, confused. Who are the 'others' he's mentioning?

"Your family and friends, my family and friends," he clarified.

"Family and friends?" I repeated, still processing his words.

"Why don't you want to go public, Princess? I can talk to your brother."

Brother... Oh my God! Kavin!

He's going to kill me if he finds out I'm dating Ren. And what about Jeremiah? What will happen if they both kick me out? I'll have to stay with Ren, but what if things between us don't work out? I'll be homeless and alone. What should I do...

"PRINCESS?" Ren's shout snapped me out of my spiraling thoughts.

"Why are you shouting?" I asked, still a little dazed.

He took a deep breath, looking into my eyes. He looks like a painting-so perfect, but I can't quite read his expression. He kissed my cheek, then wrapped my legs around his waist and pulled me close. I was afraid of falling for a second, but that fear vanished with his tight grip on me. I hugged him back, resting my head on his shoulder. I've never been touched this much by any man other than Kavin and Jeremiah.

"Take your time to think. Even if you reject me, I'm okay with it, doll. I don't want to force you into something you don't want."

I love him, and I'm 90% sure I want him in my life-but what about the remaining 10%?

"Okay, Princess?" he asked softly.

"Okay, Daddy," I replied.

He let out a chuckle. I don't know why I'm calling him Daddy, but it doesn't feel seductive-it just feels safe and close.

"Don't you have work today?" I asked, getting off his hold and standing in front of him.

"I took the day off," he said casually.

"Why?" I asked, curious.

"To talk to my love," he said, making me blush.

Ren walked over to the railing of the balcony, looking outside. He looked so calm then usual then his expression changed-he tensed up and said, "Princess, go inside."

"Why..." I started to ask, but he cut me off sharply.

"Fucking go inside!" he shouted.

I took two steps backward, startled, before running into my room, not wanting to see his furious face that was scaring me. I closed the balcony doors with a loud thud and pulled the curtains shut.

I was so angry with Ren. He acts all bipolar sometimes, and I hate it when he's angry-especially with me. What the fuck did I even do to him now?