7. Questions Unanswered

POV: Sam

"What the fuck just happened?" I said to myself as I paced around my living room. I felt a little disoriented but I knew I needed to pull myself together and figure this out.
I grabbed my phone off the kitchen counter and dialled Brian's number. The phone rang until it went to voicemail. Damn it.

"Brian, it's Mac. Call me back as soon as you get this." I leave him a message.

I sat on the couch to collect my thoughts. "Wait a minute. Who has the audacity to burst into a federal agent's house?" I asked myself. I picked up my phone and called my boss, Ellis. His phone goes straight to voicemail. Damn it.
I rested my head in my hands trying to calm down when my phone rang.

"Brian, dude something is wrong. Something bad happened." I said.

"What happened Mac?" He asked sleepily.

"You know I had a date with Kelly tonight. It was great until what looked like swat burst into my house, handcuffed her and dragged her away. I'm losing my mind man." I explained.

"Okay slow down. Did they say they were with swat?" He asked.

"No. No they didn't. There was no introductions, it was just a grab and go. They pointed a gun at me, can you believe that? We need to find them and Kelly." I stated sternly.

"Look Mac, we can go over it tomorrow at the office and try to get some answers. Someone must know something. I'm sure captain has some contacts that we..." 

"Brian I don't need a pep talk. I need to find her. We don't know who took her and that is not sitting well with me." I interrupted him frustrated.

"Mac I hear you, but you won't find anything tonight. We can put our heads together in the morning and figure this out. If I were you I would go to sleep and prepare for tomorrow." He said calmly which angered me.

"I am telling you my girlfriend just got kidnapped from my house at gunpoint and your suggestion is for me to get some sleep? Okay." And I hung up. Some friend he is.

"I must be missing something." I said to myself. I pulled out the files on the targets we're chasing. Maybe one of them has access to such sophisticated skill sets to pull this stunt off. They could be behind this but are they stupid enough to tip me off?

The downside of this would be confirming my suspicion about Kelly being J.R or even worse, some monster has kidnapped her and her life is in danger. I can't think like that right now. I need to find her.

I spent the entire night combing through the files looking for clues and also hoping the phone would ring to tell me where Kelly was. Maybe someone would call with a demand or something that will give me a clue as to what's going on.

By 7am I was already at the office trying to get a head start in searching for Kelly. I chuckled to myself because this is freaking unbelievable. It's been an extremely long night and right now I'm powered by coffee and panic.

Brian walks in and before he can say anything, the head of the FBI task force walked in and called us all to the boardroom.
Brian and I follow in silence but inside I was sick with worry and a lot of anger. 

"Ladies and gentlemen we have a breakthrough." He announced and we all exchanged confused looks.
"We have in our custody the woman we believe to be the mysterious J.R. We are one step closer to our goal people!" He exclaimed and started applauding as the other agents joined in the applause.

"But I would be remiss if I didn't mention that we couldn't have done it without the help and excellent work of special agent Brian Smith." He said and applauded again.