Prologue

I stood there blankly looking at my mother's corpse in the casket. I had mixed emotions about her, but I still felt the urge to cry. She was the only person who somewhat cared about me. And now she's gone, and I'm left with a father who doesn't care about me.

I took a look at my father only to see tears streaming down his face, I then quickly looked away, not being able to stand the sight of my father crying. I felt uncomfortable when people cried, I was terrible at comforting, and they wouldn't want me to anyway.

  When we got home, I went to my room and flopped onto the floor. Then I curled up into a tight ball. I just wanted to sleep, I just wanted peace from my conflicting feelings.

I sighed deeply and closed my eyes, hoping that would allow me to sleep. I was wrong. All I saw was the corpse of my mother. Cold and unmoving.

Forever.

       In a dream

You peer down a dim empty hallway. Confused as to where you were and how you got there. Something about it rung a quient bell in your mind, but you couldn't figure out why.

You decided not to worry about that, and decided on finding who lived in the house you were currently in. 

You go into the nearest room, there is a man sleeping and next to him is an other futon. The futon is empty, but the sheet are rumpled, like they were recently occupied.

You thought it was best to not wake him from his slumber and decided to find someone else instead.

You continue down the hallway and you pass a couple rooms like the kitchen and living room.

You entered the living room and stop at a shoe rack. There are three pairs, you guessed one of them to be the sleeping man's, there were a pair that looked as though they belonged to a women, and there were a smaller pair.

Out of curiosity, you look down to see what shoes you're wearing, and realise that they're the same shoes as the smaller pair.

After realising that you were wearing shoes in someone's home, you quickly took them off and put on a pair of slippers near the door.

You reentered the eerie hallway and continue through it.

The next room you stop at is empty but there is a futon made and ready in it. You all of a sudden realise how tired you feel, and the futon looked so warm and comforting... What if you got just a tiny but of sleep? It wouldn't hurt anyone, would it?

Upon entry you take a closer look at the room, the walls are covered with art. They all look good, but something feels off about them. You feel a tiny bit of discomfort and step out of the room, changing your mind about wanting to get some rest.

A sweet melody fills the house, it sounded like a woman humming, but it was also echo-y, lending a sense of mounfulness to the once cheery tune.

You follow the humming, and it leads you towards a bathroom. The humming stopped when you opened the door.

You then look around, trying to find the source, even though it had stopped. Something caught your eye, a bright colour.

It contrasted with all the shades of grey completely.

That's when you realise that everything around you was grey, and that nothing was in colour, nothing except that bright red.

You walk towards the shower curtain due to curiosity and pull the shower curtain aside to reveal a pool of red.

It was a gruesome sight, an elderly woman with gloves on and some type of cleaning spray in her hand and a cloth in the other, was sprawled out on the floor. She probably feel and hit her head open while cleaning.

A deep sense of melancholy hits you, you crouch down to push her hair put of her face, and you see her face. Something About seemed oddly familiar. You could quite place it so you stood up out of your crouching position, but then-

        End of dream

  I wake up drenched in sweat and sobs shaking my body. I cry silently on the floor, curled up in the fetal position.

Even if she only somewhat cared about me. She was still my mother, and I loved the way every child loved their mother.

A/N: Hiiii, congrats if you found your way here, cause the Blue Period Fandom is so small, especially the YatoYota part of it. Sorry this chapter was so short, but it's the prologue, and most of you skipp it anyways. So 🤷‍♀️. Enjoy~

New A/N: HII OMG, I hope that you like the changes I made to this chapter. It was my first time writing in the perspective I did for the dream. I'm really sorry if it seemed awkward, but I tried my best.

DRINK WATER AND FEED YOURSELFF, ily 😍 - Author-sama