Chapter 14

The doctors said that I could be discharged now, since my injury wasn't that bad. I felt grateful that my time in the hospital was coming to an end. The ward in which I was staying in made me feel suffocated and I was so bored I wanted to cry.

Yatora had brought me a couple of books, and a notepad I could draw on, but I finished the books the first couple days in here and didn't feel like drawing.

I want to feel the fresh air, I want to breathe in air that didn't smell like sanitary chemicals.

As I was thinking about nothing in particular, the door opens. In walks a friendly looking doctor. She's different from the ones that have talked to me so far. Her skin is a light buttery brown and her hair is braided and pulled into a pony tail. She smiles at me.

"I'm doctor Hakim, the doctor that was looking over you got sick today, and I'm here to talk to you about precautions, then I'll give you your discharge papers and you may leave." Her voice is mellow and somewhat soothing to the ear. I held in a sight though, they have already talked about precautions with me. You can't do this, you can't do that, and so on and so forth.

Dr. Hakim was flipping through her clipboard full of papers.

"I'm sure that everyone has been talking about what you can't do, so I'll stick to the most important ones." She sets down her clip board and takes a seat. "Your head was wounded, and is still recovering, even after you leave the hospital you will have to be cautious about doing certain activities, especially things that requires physical exertion." It's a good thing to point out, very important, but the thing is, I don't do physical exertion. I do art, sleep, eat, and repeat.

It feels like hours before she's done, but in reality it probably only took 2 to 3 minutes. She's a kind lady, and a good doctor, and I feel bad for tuning her out, but I was not about to listen to that whole thing again.

'Here are the papers, sign them and go talk to the secretary up front." She gives me one last smile before exiting the, room. The discharge papers are on the chair she just got up from sitting on. A knock proceeds her departure. It's a nurse, and she's holding clothes that someone (probably Yatora) dropped off.

I thank her and she leaves, after I slip my clothes on (a loose navy shirt with the words 'I love sleep' printed on in and some black pants.) I grab the papers and head to the front.

The secretary is a young man, probably just graduated college, he was nervous, but he did the job well. I asked for a pen to sign the papers and he kind of just stares at me before blushing and stuttering out his apology then giving me the pen he was using.

I sign the papers, and hand them to him. He accepts them, and then he pulls out a pair of shoes (probably left by Yatora) and hands them to me.

I thank him, sit down in a chair in the lobby and put the shoes on. And with that, I'm free.

I step into the light of mid day sun. It's warm against my skin, and the air feels like finest silk. I take a deep breath. I've never been one for outdoors, but damn, how I've missed it.

My phone buzzes in pocket and I fish it out. A loud voice comes through and I have to hold the phone away from my ear.

"Why didn't you tell me your were going to be discharged?!" Yatora's voice cuts in and out.

"Hold on, I'll come pick you up."

"With what? Do you know how to drive." I ask him.

"I do, but imma use my bike."

"Ok, I'll be waiting." I then hang up and walk over to a bench to sit and wait for Yatora to arrive.