Chapter 6

I stood at the steps of Yatora's house, contemplating on whether I should knock and disturb those sleeping, or just go ahead.

It's 8:45... Surely they're awake already? I mean... The usual time I wake up is 7:30 so they should be up already?

I decide to go ahead and knock. A few seconds later a petite woman with black hair pulled into a pony tail at the back of her neck opens the door. She smiled, the creases near her eyes folding. "Hello, how may I help you, dear?" She asks me, and I feel a strange pang in my heart. It had been awhile since anyone called me 'dear'.

"Hella, ma'am, I'm a friend of Yatora's, and I was wondering if he was awake yet? I have something to give him." I hold out the drawing guide I made last night in my hands. "If he's not awake, then could I give it too you to give to him later?" I ask her.

"Oh! So you're a friend of Yatora's? Then why don't you come in? I'm sure he's up already, I haven't checked yet." She opens the door and moves aside. "There are guest slippers right here, and Yatora's room is at the end of the hallway over there" she points to the slippers then at a hallway to the left.

"Thank you, ma'am." I bow my head, slip on the slippers and head towards his room.

Upon reaching his room, I hesitate once more before knocking.

A couple of seconds pass before I hear a creaking of a bed and footsteps coming towards the door. Slowly, the door opens and Yatora stands there, leaning at arm against the door¹ and looking down at me with huge dark circles underneath his eyes.

How much sleep did he get last night? It's looks like it wasn't much... I looked at him with worry in my eyes.

"How much sleep did you get last night? You looks like death itself." I say in a at tone, which was supposed to be a worried one. Dammit, why won't my voice ever do what I want? I sound like a robot.

"I don't know, what time is it now?" Yatora's voice comes out deep and raspy, his question incites me to look down and check the time. "It's 8:48," I tell him. I hold out the guide. "I made you a guide on how to draw rabbits, since you're so horrible at drawing them." I tell him.

"Well, um, do you want to come in?" Yatora gestures towards his room. "I can make tea if you want some and I think there's cheerios and milk if you want something to eat." I wasn't in the mood to eat or drink something, but I could come in. "Why not." Then I enter. I didn't know where to sit, but it would be awkward if I just stood there like an idiot, and i couldn't just sit on his bed, so i chose the desk.

Then, Yatora closed the door and sat at his bed. "Um, want tea?" He asks me awkwardly, like always. He's so awkwad. It's kind of cute.

Wait- cute?

"No thank you," I answer his question and then he proceeds to flip through the guide I made him. He studies it very hard, as if surprised. I don't know why he wpuld be, but it looks like he is.

All of a sudden he stands up. "Wanna draw with me?" I nod and he moves to the desk, setting the guide down. The  he leaves the room. "I'll be back, I just need a chair!" He calls to me from the hallway.

After a few seconds he shuffles back into the room with a chair. I then scoot over to make room for it and he places it down right besides me. He then plops down in the chair and pulls a stack of papers towards him and places pencils in the middle.

"Here are some papers." Yatora splits the stack in half and hands it too me. "I wasn't sure how much paper you would want... So I just got a bunch." He laughed nervously. "Thank you." I tell him and I grab a 9B² then a 5H³ and an F⁴. Then I pick out a piece of paper, they're good paper, nice and thick, with a slightly rough surface for pencil to catch hold on.