Chapter 11

There's a dark murkiness surrounding me, it feels like liquid one second, but the next second it felt solid and suffocating.

I gasp for air, but there is none.

There's only emptiness, and me.

I float there alone for what seems like lifetimes.

Until three figures come at me from three different sides. They're walking at a leisurely pace, unhurried and relaxed.

All three are female. There's a girl, a woman who's expecting, and an elder lady.

"Who are you?" I ask them, there's not a hint of fear in my voice. Strangely, they feel familiar. As if we had met before.

"Older brother, we may answer three questions, and not one more." The little girl speaks.

Three questions?

"Older brother, would you like to use one answer for that question?" The girl looks up at me with her big doe eyes.

"Yes." I said without hesitation.

"Older brother, we are The Three. The Maiden, The Mother, and The Crone. We are The Fates, we are the ones who show up when you are at a big crossroad in your life." The girl answers, her voice fluctuates, changing. As if many people were talking through her.

Two questions left.

"OK, my next question is, why are you here?" I ask them.

"We are here because you are at a big moment in life, my darling child." The mother appears in front of me.

I startle backwards, but then I regain my composure.

"And what are you gonna do?" I say out without thinking much, but then realise a second too late that I used my last question on something else I didn't mean to.

"We are here to help you to observe what you choose." The "Crone" switched places with the Mother. She is dressed in a slky-smooth dress. She radiated elegance, by every move she made.

"You get three choices." She continues on.

"One," the maiden speaks up. "You can wake up with all your memories intact. But you have to go through more pain."

"Two," the mother holds her stomach. "You wake up after a 4 months coma without the head injury, but without any of your memories."

"Three," the strong voice of the crone slithers down my back. "You can rest in piece, without any pain."

The three of them surround me once more, their faces changing.

"But the thing is-"

"-you can't-"

"-choose which one."

Now all three of them look the same.

They all have a smile, but no eyes.

They all reach a hand out.

"So,"

"Which one will you pick?" They say in unison. All three voices mixed together.

I stare at their hands.

Then I picked one.

A/N: HI bestie-boo's <333

Hru?

You better be good.

Stay hydrated ('cause no one wanna look at those crusty lips 😍)

Sorry for the short chappie chap chap 😔

But get ready for more 🤡

ILYYYY - Author-sama