Chapter 5

I drew like I was entranced, I memorized the photo, every little detail.

  I drew each line, and each and everyone of them had their own character. My hands moved on their own, as if they had a mind of their own and I didn't even feel the urge to blink.

  It took shape very quickly, or at least I thought so. It was now 11:28, I got home around 5:45, I had even declined dinner.

  I wasn't in the least bit hungry as I stared at the drawing of Yotasuke. It filled me with satisfaction and wonder. It was like nothing I had ever drawn before, the details were exquisite and I somehow had managed to capture the look in his eyes.

  I touched the picture lightly, it was done in all pencil, but I wanted to paint the background with oil paints to make Yotasuke stand out in shades of grey.

  I debated on whether I should start tonight, but I decided that I should while I still felt the adrenaline rush.

  I opened a drawer and pulled out my oil paints and a little dish to put them on and brushes. Then I hurried to the kitchen on silent feet, careful to not wake anyone up. I filled up my plastic paint cup with water and headed back to my room.

  I sat down at my desk and dipped a brush in, then I tapped it against the rim to get any extra water. Then I wiped it off on the paper towels I got to make sure it was clean before choosing a light pink. I painted, and painted, and painted even more. Adding shades or pink, orange, a tiny bit of red, and even some purple to add shadow and depth to it.

  The sky looked beautiful, with fluffy clouds that looked so real that if you reached out your hand to touch them you would expect them to feel real. I placed my paint covered brush in the water cup and stood up. I then backed up to admire my work.

  Yotasuke stood out, as he was drawn in all grey, and the sky just accentuated him, drawing everyone's eyes to it.

  I felt a faint sense of awe, it felt like I wasn't the one who had drawn it. It looked so good, and I'm not even the type to praise my art, but I would happily sing praises for it. I looked at the time, 3:14, I winced, it was late, or early. I set the painting somewhere safe and let it dry, then I crawled into bed after kicking off my slippers.

I dreamt of nothing in particular in the beginning, just colours, the colours behind Yotasuke. Then Yotasuke appeared in my dream, he was crying but when I tried approaching him I couldn't get close enough to him. I was moving in place, and he was moving away from me. I broke into a jog, but this made him move farther away even quicker. I dropped to my knees, feeling useless and a strange sense of panic.

  A knock woke me from my sleep, and my dream shattered. I was unable to remember anything of the dream now, everything, except the feeling of panic.

  My eyelids were heavy and my throat was scratchy, but I got up and opened the door anyway. I knew I didn't get enough sleep, but I hadn't expected I would start hallucinating because of it.

  At least it had to be a hallucination, because Yotasuke stood there, in the doorway of my room. Staring at me with eyes filled with worry. Worry? Maybe I saw wrong...

  He reached out a hand and poked my face. "How much sleep did you get last night? You look like death itself." Yotasuke asked. "I don't know, what time is it now?" My voice came out creaky and low, I coughed a couple of times, but my morning voice wouldn't go away until I was awake for a few hours. "It's 8:48," he answered. Then he held out a stack of papers. "I made you a guide on how to draw rabbits, since you're so horrible at drawing them." Yotasuke was blunt and spared me no mercy. Damn, I know I'm not good at drawing bunnies, but to say I'm horrible... Kinda hurts my pride not gonna lie...

  Just kidding, I know I'm horrible.

  "Well, um, do you wanna come in?" I gestured to my room. "I can make tea if you want some and I think there's cheerios and milk if you want something to eat." I stood there awkwardly. "Why not," and Yotasuke entered and sat at my desk.

  There really was no other sitting place, so I sat on my bed. "Um, want tea?" I ask but he refuses, "no thank you."

  Needing something to do, I flipped through the guide on how to draw bunnies. It's quite detailed, but it's surprisingly easy to follow along. I would have thought Yotasuke would make the steps complicated, but I don’t know why.

  I got up and walked to the desk and pulled out some extra paper. "Wanna draw with me?" I asked Yotasuke.

He nodded and we drew bunnies together.

A/n: heyy y'all, hope you guys are staying safe, and hydrated ofc. Sorry for making this chapter short but I'm planning on writing more tomorrow, I would have made it longer but I gtg go to sleep for my day tmmr TT_TT. Anyways, stay safe and have an amazing day, you amazing people :)