Chapter 15

Yotasuke is leaning back on a bench, rays of sunlight reflect off his hair and illuminates his skin with a soft glow. He looks peaceful, and asleep.

I pull up besides him. And in a soft voice, careful not to startle him I say, "Yotasuke, wake up."

The bench is warm from the sun and I sit down next to him.

"You know, just because I gave you that shirt doesn't mean you can fall asleep in public." I laugh and poke his cheek.

He grumbles and his eyes turn into slits. "I was resting my eyes because you took so long."

That's not true, for the record I only took 4 or 5 minutes.

"Ok, sleeping beauty, time to return to the castle in your extravagant carriage." I sweep my hands towards my bike. Yotasuke rolls his eyes.

I stand up and so does he, then I climb on and let him get on as well. He rests his head on my back and he squeezes my middle with his arms.

"You don't need to be nervous, Yotasuke. I've been riding a bike since the age of six." I pat his hand and put a foot on a peddle.

"Hold tight," I tell him and put my foot on the other peddle.

We rush down the hill and Yotasuke squeaks. We're going fast and the wind blows the hair out of our faces. I let out a whoop and paddle faster.

Everything around us is a blur of colour and all I can think about in this moment is the feeling of being free, and  Yotasuke's warmth on my back.

I turn to look at him only for a moment. His eyes are squeezed tight and his mouth is pinched. And he's squeezing me so hard I can barely breathe...

"Yotasuke, loosen up a bit. I can't really breath." I slow the bike down and pull over on the sidewalk.

Then, I get off. "Yotasuke, we can walk back if you're too scared to go on. It's not a big deal." I soothe him.

He shakes his head and casts his eyes downward. "I'm just worried I'll fall off the back." He says in a gloomy voice.

"Ok, then I'll hold you." I get on, but behind him this time.

I hold Yotasuke in my arms and kiss his temple. "Love you," I murmur into his ear before I start paddling again. I keep on arm around his waist, and one hand on the bike handle.

The bike started off slow, and it slowly increased with speed. I rest my chin on Yotasuke's shoulder and kiss his cheek. He blushes and turns towards me. "Eyes on the road." He mutters and then turns his face away.

I chuckle and speed up. My house was now in sight and I begin slowing down as we reached it. "Here we are, that wasn't so bad, was it?" I pull into the driveway and let Yotasuke get off before i got off and walked with the bike to put it away.

"Never again." Yotasuke shook his head and crossed his arms. I put the bike away and walk back over to him.

"Okay," I smile, "Okay, never again." I place my hand over my heart. "You have my promise." My hand falls from my chest and I grab his hand in mine. His fingers intertwine with mine and I clasp his hand gently. I gaze softly in his eyes and raise the hand I was holding to my lips.

"I love you." I smile and use his hand to tug him into my home.

A/N: So... uhhhhh... yeah, okay, I know. I disappeared for like a whole month and I feel terrible about it, I'm so sorry 😭🙏 So I'm going to try to write as much as possible for you guys before I go back to school (booo)

Stay safe -Inky