Where the Sky Meets the Sea pt. 1

I'm a Gorgon.

And I hate it.

The isolation and hatred that comes with being a Gorgon is terrible and no one wants to be friends with a Gorgon due to the fact that we turn people to stone with just a glance.

An other thing I dislike is that I'm a male Gorgon. It's not being a male that bothers me, but the fact that I'm the only male Gorgon.

That I know of.

The thing I hate most about being a Gorgon is again the fact that no one wants to be friends with one. Which I get I suppose, but it's still very lonely.

"Yakkun!" My mom's yell breaks me out of my dysphoria.

I sigh and get off of my bed where I was lying not moments before. I walk across my room to my door and open it to find my mom standing with a piece of paper in her hand.

"Yakkun, will you be a dear and go out to get some groceries? I have a list and I'll give you the money you'll need. Afterwards you can buy what you want with the spare money." She pulls out a bundle of cash and hands that and the list too me.

Without saying an other word she hurries off to do who knows what.

She's probably cleaning the house for the guests that are going to arrive in a couple of days.

I turn back to my room and grab a hoodie and slip it on, then I stuff the money and list into my pocket and head to the bus stop.

We live farther out to avoid having any accidents, like turning people to stone.

Which would be bad.

As the bus pulls up to the stop, I put on my tinted sunglasses. Which are so dark no one can see through them. I also hid my snakes, then I got on.

When we arrive at the city I thank the driver and pay them I get off and go to the market.

It's loud and crowded. The vendors are yelling out prices and discounts, and people are bartering with them over the prices. I breath in and smell all sorts of food.

I love going to the market, despite the danger of accidentally running into someone and my glasses falling off. Which wouldn't be ideal.

I take out the list and make my way over to the nearest stall that had something I needed. Running the stall was a sweet old lady selling tomatoes.

I talked to her and grabbed 7 tomatoes then paid, I thanked her and moved to the next stall.

Buying everything on the list took awhile to get, and it was now seven at night.

After making two last stops at a takoyako stall and an other stall that sold little glass animals I made my way over to an alley I knew was a short cut to the bus stop.

After making it halfway through the alley, something ran into me.

Yatora's guide on how to spot a Gorgon

Only me and my great, great, great, great (something something), great aunt Medusa have snakes for hair, so that won't help in spotting a Gorgon.

Every Gorgon has reptilian like eyes (I also have them!). We also have a small scattering of scales some where on our body. These scales obviously resembles a snake's scales, but every scale is unique to its owner. They are also very sensitive, making them a very personal thing.

Usually only a Gorgon's choice would know where the scales are and how they look. The children of the Gorgon (if they decide to have them) and the parent of the Gorgon know about the scales too. But they dont really talk about them due to the personal value of them.

Ofcourse, this fact about scales won't really help in identifying a Gorgon because of how they're hidden. And looking out for eyes like snake's wouldn't help either because you'd turn to stone by the time you identified a Gorgon because of their eyes.

So there are three other trade marks you can use to recognize a Gorgon. These are the pointy ears we have, the grace in which we move, and the way we smell.

The last two traits are much more difficult to recognize than the first, but each Gorgon's smell is much different from a humans.

Some humans may smell good because of perfume, or they may just smell good naturally. But Gorgons smell good due to a pheremone we emit (these scents, like our scales, can be very personal, so avoid making remarks about our scent).

The way we move may also be hard to spot because it may just be a human who's lithe or one of us Gorgons. We move silently and gracefully, like a snake.

And the last feature I'll talk about os our ears. They're pointy at the top. This is the only thing special about our ears, we don't have any sort of heightened hearing sense, though we do have a heightened sense of smell and taste. Which makes us picky eaters.

Unlike the fae in the stories you like to read (yes, I'm calling you out), our ears are not any more sensitive than your ears are. Ofcourse don't want just anyone touching our ears, but that's normal, 'cause who wants their ears to be fondled?

And with all that being said, that's how you'll recognize a Gorgon!

A/N: I am SO happy to finally publish this, because I've grown rather attached to the idea, I absolutely love it. Ofcourse I'll continue posting mote of the main story, but I think I'm not going to continue editing it due to how much work it is (a lot than I thought it was).

So I'm going to republish them, but you won't have to reread them like I said previously.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed the side story so far!

Stay safe and happy pride month - Author-sama

/ᐢ⑅ᐢ\ ♡ ₊˚
꒰ ˶• ༝ •˶꒱ ♡‧₊˚ ♡
./づ~ :¨·.·¨: ₊˚
'·..·' ₊˚ ♡