Chapter 13

Tears tumbled from my eyes, as if they were waterfalls. I was full on sobbing.

But I didn't care since I was with a person who wouldn't judge me. I knew he wouldn't judge me, and I felt safe with him.

"Yotasuke! Why are you crying?!" Yatora grabs me, his face killing with concern.

"Are you hurt? Do I need to call the doctors?" He was repeating his earlier words.

I shook my head, and pulled him in for a tight hug. I buried my nose in his neck. Inhaling his comforting scent. The scent of paper, paint, and the faint scent of autumn. It was a comforting smell. One that I now associated with happiness and comfort.

He has become my home, because home isn't a place, but the people you share it with.

And he is the one I wanted to share my life with. The one I wanted to smile and laugh with. The one I wanted to hold and cherish, the one I wanted to marry. The one I wanted to hold as we grew old together.

I know it's too early to be thinking about the future that's decades from now, but I can't help it.

When someone gains my love, they gain the entirety of it. If I trust them, I trust them with my whole heart.

And this man has done that. He coaxed me from my shell, and gave me a place by his side when everyone else wouldn't.

He was there for me when my own mother and father weren't.

I cried harder.

What if I had missed him? What if I had not gone to the summer school? Or if he had gone to a different class?

It was scary that one thing would change our lives. No matter how small it was.

It was scary to think about what my life would be like now if I hadn't met him, or if he had stayed away from me like everyone else had.

"Yotasuke. Please. I beg you, tell me what's wrong! I'll fix whatever it is!" The panic is strong in his voice.

I pulled his face to mine and kissed him. The kiss was salty and messy, and I could tell that he was trying to to hurt me. It was sweet, because it showed how much he cared for me.

This brought on a fresh onslaught of tears.

Yatora pulled away.

"Yotasuke, tell me what's wrong. Please." He whispered

"Your head shouldn't be hurting, since it wasn't that deep of a wound, by now it should be mostly healed. So please." He whispered in my ear. Yatora pulled back and gazed into my eyes. Seqrching for something, but I didn't know what.

Then, Yatora kissed the tears away. He was gentle, and it felt like butterflies were kissing me.

"Yatora, I love you. I love you so much." My voice cracked 3 different times, but I kept on going.

"I don't know how to express it, but you brought some thing into my life no one else could have." I closed my eyes.

"Thank you, Yatora."

There was a long silence. He didn't say anything, so I opened my eyes.

He was looking at me like I was the most beautiful thing in the world, awe back in his eyes. Which was silly, since I was what you'd hardly consider beautiful, I wasn't even pretty.

He was looking at me as he really saw me. The true me.

It felt as though he was stripping me.

Not of my clothes, but of my flesh and bones, as if he was staring all the way into my soul.

It was like he saw everything. Not only did he see the good parts, but he also saw the flaws. And he was alright with that.

It was like he accepted me, not the person I lretend and so wanted to be.

"Yotasuke, I love you too. I would do anything you asked, even if you asked me to bring you a star, I would do my best. And I would never give up. I wpuld search for a way to make a star be able to leave the skies and set foot on earth. I would make the impossible, possible." Yatora began kissing me again, it was gentle and filled with love no words would be able to convey.

And we were both crying now, and laughing, because somewhere deep down, we knew that we would have an amazing future together.

A/N:

There's a gif for this meme, but I couldn't find it _^_ anygays, doesn't this chapter sound like an ending? 😉

Drink water, because no one likes crusty lips, trust me.

And ILYYYYYYYYY my baby darlings 💋

- Author-sama