Where the Sky Meets the Sea - pt. 2

Something collided with me.

Then, it was like everything was in slow motion. My glasses fall off while I'm falling, and I see what ran into me.

Who ran into me.

It was a human.

A great sense of panic over takes me.

If I make eye contact with them, I'll turn them to stone, and they'll die.

Time resumes and I fall to the floor, with the human falling on top of me.

I squeeze my eyes shut and open my mouth, but a soft hand covers it.

"Be quiet for a second." A male voice whispers into my ear.

I do what he says.

I can't see, and someone I don't even know is on too of me with his hand over my mouth, with his breath tickling my ear.

We stayed in the position for what felt like forever. He was warm, and smelled nice, like clean linen sheets.

His nose brushed the tip of my ear while getting up.

I started searching for my sunglasses on the floor.

"I didn't mean to run into you, sorry. I couldn't see you." His voice was cold and sounded bored, like he could be doing anything else and it'd be more interesting.

"Um, it's alright, I didn't see you either." My voice was quiet, and I felt rather embarrassed. I probably look like an idiot, sweeping my hand across the floor to find my sunglasses.

"I can tell you haven't gotten up, why." The question came out sounding like a demand, and something about it sounded off. But I couldn't quite place my finger on it.

"My sunglasses came off when you ran into me." I sighed.

"Why do you need sunglasses? Even if I wasn't blind I wouldn't need them, it's already dark out." His voice sounded irritated, and I was going to defend myself when I register what he said.

My eyes snapped open and I saw him for the first time.

He had beautiful aquamarine eyes, with a beauty mark under each eye.

And he hasn't turn to stone yet.

"You-you're blind?" I asked in a daze.

He snorted, "yes, I am."

I felt myself turning red.

"Sorry," I said in a quiet, embarrassed voice.

"What's there to be sorry about? Being blind isnt a curse." He snapped at me.

I blush even more.

"Thats not what I meant, I said sorry because I just repeated what you said." I sighed and got up. Then I brushed the dirt off of my pants.

"Oh, well, you don't have to be sorry about that. But why write you wearing sunglasses? It's dark out." He brought back up the question from earlier.

"Um, I guess I just really like them?" My voice was high, and I sound like I swallowed a squeaky toy.

"Liar. What's up with your ears? I felt them earlier." He crossed his arm and tapped his foot on the floor.

Should I lie? Or should I tell him the truth? If I didn’t tell him, would that be taking advantage of his blindness? I dont want to do that.

"Um, my ears are pointed at the end."  I fidget with my hands.

He quicker an eyebrow, "How? Humans don't have pointy ears."