Chapter 5

"So Oasis... Chance, have you guys decided if you're coming to the beach tonight?" Tubline asks, taking on her apron as we are about to head out for lunch.

"Yeah, I missed hanging out with Tubs!" Chance says, grabbing his SnapBack from the rack, tossing it over his messy blonde hair.

"Oasis?" Tubline asks, begging for an answer.

"I don't know Tubline." I say, following her and Chance out the door, "I don't think I'm ready to see Jordan."

We pile into her car as Chance gets into his, "I understand, but the sooner you get over it the easier it will be." She says, backing out of the parking lot, "Just go and have fun. If it all becomes overwhelming then we can go home it's fine."

"I don't want to be a burden to you though Tubs." I reply as she pulls into her favorite lunch time eatery.

"You won't be, O, I promise." She says as we get out of the car and meet up with Chance.

"So, are you going?" Chance asks me, sitting down at our daily outside table.

I smile, "Yeah."

Lunch goes by quickly and Tubline and I head back to her place to rest up before tonight. I'm lounging on the sofa going through Twitter while Tubline is doing laundry.

@ItsOasis: Beach tonight with my buddies! 😝🌊🌌 @punktublineee @ChildDolphin @chancem8

I can't help but go through Jordan's twitter.

2 days ago: @xBayani: As long as you're happy, I'll be fine.

2 hours ago: @xBayani: Beach time tonight! @ChildDolphin @punktublineee

Everyone is asking why we didn't include each other in our tweets, but they have no idea.

It's 5pm and Tubline and I start to get ready for the beach. Her swimsuit is all black, and mine has a white top and tye-dye bottoms. I slip on a pair of light washed high-waisted shorts and an old white tee over the top of it, grab my sunglasses and my phone and we are out the door, on the way to the beach!

We pull up and Jordan's car is following closely behind. I hurry and get out of Tublines car and walk over to Chances car to avoid conversation with Jordan. I miss him so much, but I'm just not ready.

"Heey, Oasis!" Chance says, shutting his car door, then walks over to me, "Why aren't you over there with T and them?"

"The brunette in the white SnapBack," I point, "He was my boyfriend 2 days ago, well Fiancé."

"Oasis, I'm so sorry-"

"Don't be." I cut him off, "It was his fault he lost me." I bite my lip to hold back the tears, I just can't help it seeing him smile so much while I feel like I'm breaking.

Chance pulls me into a hug, "Don't cry, please. Tonight will be fun."

I giggle as I slowly pull away, "I hope it will be."

He smiles and we walk over to join the rest of the group. Jordan looks at me with a sly smirk on his face, and I just kind of nod back.

We walk down the ramp and onto the sand. Passing the volleyball court we find a perfect spot, and Tubline and I set up towels. Every Wednesday night the beach sets off fire works, so we get here early for the best spots. Ryan and Tubline go to get the sunscreen and bug spray from the car, leaving Chance, Jordan and I alone.

"Hey, I'm Chance." He smiles, introducing himself to Jordan.

"I'm Jordan." He smiles back, shaking his hand, "I've never seen you around before, man. You new here?"

"Nope, actually I had to do some things for college and it took half a year. But now I'm back at work at The Busy Bean. How do you know Tubline?" Chance asks.

"She uh, she is Ryan's hopefully soon to be girlfriend, and Oasis's best friend." Jordan says, shooting a glance at me.

"Don't deny it," I say, "she's your friend too, Jordan."

Chance pretends Ryan called him over for help and excuses himself.

"And Chance is your friend." Jordan says, stepping closer to me.

"Yes, he is." I reply, confused as to what Jordan was trying to imply.

"You moved on so fast, Oasis." He says.

"Jordan, I haven't moved on at all! I feel like I'm drowning in pain every living second of the day, why would I think I would've forgotten about you? Ever?" I say.

"I'm sorry. I thought you and Chance were flirting. I- I messed up again I'm so sorry." He says.

"I miss you so much." I say.

"Then please come back."

"I don't want to get hurt again, Jordan."

He sighs, "I've learned my lesson but I don't know how to prove it to you."

"You can live without me, Jordan. I might be yours again someday, I promise."

"I love you, Oasis." He says.

I bite my cheek, and luckily Ryan, Tubline and Chance are back.

"Beach volleyball, time. Lets go!" Tubline yells, and we all follow after her.