Chapter 2

Tubline somehow lured me out of the back room and I'm out sitting in the corner booth. I haven't had any sleep in over 24 hours, but I need to work, so I force myself to get up and I walk over to the coffee machine, and make an espresso. It's 9 am on a sunny Tuesday morning, but I have no motivation to do anything except make coffee.

A tallish, kind of buff blonde walks in and up to the counter. I look around for Tubline but she's gone into the storage room to grab more cups. "Good morning. What can I getcha?" I ask the guy, shooting him a tiered smile.

He smiles back, "Grande Freddo, please." He says, his Australian accent is thick.

I start pouring the coffee into the cup, and walk over to add the caramel. Not noting, I trip over a cup that had fallen onto the floor, and the guys coffee flys out of my hand, and lands on the floor. The guy starts to chuckle, and I oddly start to cry. And this is the epiphany of a bad day.

"I'm sorry, uh, I'll make a new one, I didn't mean too, um what's your name so I can take it off your tab?" I blubber.

"My names Chance." He says, "Oh, did I make you cry, I'm so sorry, are you okay?"

I giggle a little while searching his name on the computer, "No, I just had a bad break up and everything is making me cry."

"Ah," Chance says, "What type of idiotic guy would break up with a girl like you?"

I shrug, "I actually broke up with him, well maybe it's just a break, I don't really know. I don't know why I'm telling you all of this, I'm sorry." I say, adding a free drink onto his account.

"No, no, it's fine." He chuckles, "And you don't have to worry about the coffee, I just came in here to talk to Tubline."

"Oh, she's in the back." I say, and as soon as I say it she walks out with a stacks of cups in her hands.

"Chance! Hey, what's up?" She asks, setting down the cups where they belong.

"Just talking to your co-worker." He looks at my name tag, "Oasis. That's a cute name." I just got broken up with and this guys already being a charmer.

"She's pretty cool." Tubline says, walking over to us, "You'll get to know her soon enough."

"Huh?" I ask, tending to the customer that had just walked in.

"I forgot to tell you! Chance had worked here for about a year and he went away for a college thing, but he's back and he starts his shift again tomorrow." Tubline says.

"How do you forget to mention something like this?" I laugh, adding the mocha to the lady's drink.

"I just never really thought about it." Tubline laughs, and Chance joins her.

I finish with my customer whole Tubs tells Chance all about Ryan, and o can't help but get upset. I check my hope wishing to see a text from Jordan on my screen, but I see nothing. I miss him, and I'm so stupid.

"Ryan and his friend and myself are all going to the beach tomorrow night, you should come!" Tubline says to Chance. His friend?

"Uh, whose Ryan's friend and why am I not invited?" I chime in, leaning against the counter.

Tublines face goes blank and she bites her lip, "Ryan's friend is Jordan."

I nod, "Oh." And I walk back over to clean off the booths.

I overhead Tubline tell Chance about who Jordan is and what he was to me. "She's such a gorgeous, nice girl. I wish I could see a smile on her face." Chance says, and it somehow lightens my day.
-----

JACK HEMMINGS IS CHANCE LOLOL I ADDED A PC OF HIM BC I LIKE HIM BETTER THAN LUKE