Chapter 12

I sent my letter in last week and got an acceptance reply within a few days. It's Monday, September 13th, 6a.m. My first day of college is in 1 hour.

Black high waisted shirts, white halter top and a black jacket is my plain yet classy outfit. I slide on my black zip up ankle boots, and start filling my lilac book bag with a cute pink bow on the front pocket with my books for class. 1st class, Speech with Mr. Rudloff. 2nd class, Psychology with Mr. Secharia (Sack-uh-rye-uh) and my 3rd class of the day is creative writing with Mrs. Diggs. I only go to my Spanish classes on Fridays.

It's a nice, sunny morning considering the sunrise is a bright pink and yellow, I decide to walk to the coffee shop to visit with Tubs and Chancy before school, and pick up some coffee.

"Good morning!" I half shout when I walk in, "isn't it weird to serve your old co-worker?" I laugh, walking up to the order side of the counter that Tubline is managing.

Tubline laughs, "Want your usual?"

I nod. Two sugars, 1/4 milk, 1/4 cream and 2 pumps hazelnut. Tubline fixes my drink while I talk to Chance.

"Where are you off to?" He asks, wiping down tables.

"School" I reply, "I'm a college student now, Chancy. No more fun and games." I laugh.

I pay for my coffee, as Chance replys, "No more fun and games? Pfft, frat party's. Guys invite the good lookin girls so I'm sure you'll be invited to some."

I take a sip of my drink, "I'm going for the studies. I won't have time to party between doing homework living an everyday life." I burn my lip on my coffee, "besides, I don't drink."

"I never thought you were a party girl." Chance says, walking behind the counter.

Tubline chimes in, "Oasis and I party all the time, dude. Give her a red bull and playlist and the night won't end." She says, and we all laugh.

"Studies" I say, "That's all I'm here for. Ive gotta go now, class starts in 20 minutes and I want to get a seat closer to the front."

"Already a goody two shoes!" Chance yells as I walk out the door.

"Nope," I say, walking out the door, "just blind." And with that, I walk to the campus and join in the crowd.

8:15 and the door to Mr. Rudloffs speech class is open, so I go in and take my seat, setting my coffee on the ground beside me. Not many people are in the class yet since we still have five minutes, but I take a seat in the second row to the front.

"You must be Oasis." A man says from the front, I assume it's Mr. Rudloff.

"Yes." I nod.

"I'm Mr, Rudloff. Welcome to Speech." He smiles. He has blonde hair and a bright smile and looks young, around my age.

The class piles in when the bell rings, and Mr. Rudloff quiets us down, "Goodmorning class. I'm Colton Rudloff, and this is Speech 1. You'll learn the basics of how to present yourself and your words in front of an audience and learn how to speak fluent English. I may add here that this is not an English class for I do not teach nouns, pronouns and do not have the crazy persona of an English teacher." He says, and we all laugh, "before someone asks, because they always do, I am 26 years old and a couple of my students are older than me. Not a bad thing, just quite unique. In fact, Mr. Secharia and are are good friend considering we are the youngest teachers at Seattle UNI. Anyway, before I blabber on I only have one activity planned for today, and that's for you guys. One-by-one I will call you up to the podium and you will give a brief description of your life. Oh so taunting for your first day, but you can do it. Lets begin." He says, and calls up the first student. A young black male. He has two sisters and a wonderful girlfriend. He's a devout Christian and is going to college to become a dentist. I start to feel anxious as if my name is going to be called anytime, but luckily the class is almost over and my name hasn't been called.

"Oasis Weshor." Mr. Rudloff says, and I make my way to the podium.

I clear my throat and look into the crowd of students who actually seen some what interested, "Hi. My name is Oasis Weshor, I'm 19 years old and from a little town in Wyoming. I moved to Seattle a couple of months ago after meeting a friend at a gaming event and soon becoming in a relationship with him. My parents are divorced and my dads away in the Army, and my mom, well I have no idea what she does." I giggle, and so do other people, "I just went through a super bad break up with my boyfriend and am currently living with my best friend Tubline Bukney and her little dog Leeroy. Today is also my first day of college." People clap and welcome me to the campus.

"Don't you work at The Busy Bean?" A blonde asks.

I nod, "I did. I quit to go to school." I say, taking my seat.

The rest of the class goes by super quickly and I now know more about my classmates. My seconds class with Me. Secharia doesn't start until 10:15 and its 9:30 now, so I go to The Busy Bean to visit.

-----

Colton Rudloff and Eric Secharia are from Midnight Red lol if u wanna look at pics pls don't google bc they have bad pics of them on google just search then on Twitter or instagram!!!!!