Chapter 33

Unpacking the last box, I ponder the thought of living in a new apartment. Jordan and I will make new memories and spend much time together and I couldn't ask for more. 4:27 pm and the whole apartment seems filled. The shelves have been packed with books and novels I have a desire to read, the nooks and crannies filled with plants and miscellaneous items that were on clearance at Ikea and the atmosphere is starting to feel lovable and comforting. It could just be the smell of the mahogany woods candle I have burning alongside the glass cup I have full of water, but it feels amazing. Everything is falling into place and I feel like the pieces are being put back together. Jordan is occupied at this time looking for a job at his desk he had just set up, he's waisting no time at all. Tomorrow I plan on transferring my college credits to the LA uni, and browsing around for an internship that would suit my needs.

Time slips through my finger tips as its already nine in the evening and my tired eyes can't stay awake for another breathing moment, so Jordan and I spend our first night entangled in each others arms as we surely fall asleep, happy things in mind.

-

Everything is pleasant to me as I wake up, the baby blue California skies and the Rays from the sun shine through the spaces in the blinds, illuminating the room. I turn to my side to see an empty bed, Jordan must've gone to the kitchen to get something to eat. I don't worry about it and decide to take a shower, much needed after yesterday's hard work, and I enjoy every drop that falls from the shower head, in my own peaceful mind. Not too much longer and I'm out of the shower and fully dressed in a pair of denim shorts and a mustard yellow crop tee, something that seemed vintage to my 90's eye. My hair is loosely thrown over my shoulders as I make my way down to the kitchen, the oak floors feeling cold on my feet.

"Jordan?" I call from the end of the stairs. No reply. I look around the house and end my search in the living room with still no sight of Jordan, so I call his cell. It goes straight to voicemail and my heart begins to race. Practically running out of the front door I count my steps until I'm at Tubline and Ryan's door, knocking uncontrollably until a weary eyed Ryan opens up the wooden slab.

"Is Jordan here?" I ask but it sounds more like a plead.

Ryan nods, "he crashed here last night."

I make my way inside to see Jordan asleep on the couch, "What do you mean he crashed here? He was at the apartment last night."

Ryan sighs, "I thought he told you. Last night he went out to a bar and I'm sure you know the outcome. He came home around two in the morning going on and on about how he didn't want to go back to his own apartment because he know you wouldn't be happy about it, so I let him crash here."

"You didn't tell me?" I stammer.

"I'm sorry, O." He replys.