Library of the 41

Alf felt nauseous and leaned on a table to regain his balance. "I still haven't gotten used to teleporting; it feels awful," he muttered. Ainz looked over to the boy, who slowly regained his color and corrected his posture.

"The time and effort that are saved by teleporting are worth the demerits. But since I do not feel such pain due to my lack of organs, I can't fully empathize with you, Alf. However, Albedo is the one who uses teleportation the most in Nazarick that is not Shalltear. Ask her if she has any advice on getting the hang of it," Ainz suggested.

Alf went to the maid serving in the library and asked for an orange juice. "Suzuki-sensei, please, will you tell me about the adventures you had with the rest of the Supreme Beings? I love those stories. Please," he pleaded. Ainz hurried next to Alf and whispered, "I told you to only call me that when we are alone. Don't make me regret my decision, Alf." Embarrassed, Alf put his hands on his mouth.

Ainz walked over to the maid who looked confused and cast a spell on her to erase that name from her mind. "There, that's better," he said, then gave Alf a stern look. "You must be very careful, Alf. That is not a secret to be taken lightly. You haven't mentioned this to anyone, have you?"

Alf shook his head and looked at the ground. Ainz walked over to him, took his hand, and walked into a certain section of the library. "Just be more careful than last time, alright?" They reached a special wing of the library, separated from the rest, and were given more time and effort to build. "Who do you want to hear about today, then, little Alf?" Ainz stood in front of the archives that held the entire battle and chat logs of the members of Ainz Ooal Gown. When they came to the new world, the logs turned into thick books telling the tale of how each Supreme Being became who they are. This was nostalgia for Ainz, but the literal bible and religion for the NPCs.

"Ulbert-sama! Ulbert-sama, Ulbert-sama!" Alf jumped with excitement, his eyes glaring with passion. "Ulbert again, huh? What makes him so interesting to you? His demeanour, his power, or how he thinks?" Ainz was curious.

"All of them! All of them combined, creating Ulbert-sama. It's so fun and interesting. I wish to be strong like him one day; I wish to be like him in the future."

"Is that so?" Ainz was surprised by Alf's reaction. Ulbert, who came from difficult upbringings and had a very challenging life, was inspiring a boy born into wealth and power. In a degree, Ulbert couldn't have even wished for. "That old chuunibyou," Ainz remembered his dear friend and smiled. Of course, it wasn't possible for his skeletal face to show that emotion, but for a few in Nazarick, when he smiled, they could tell. He wondered if Alf could tell that as well, but he pushed that thought aside and picked up a book from the shelf.

"This one contains Ulbert's biggest victory. In this one, he was against a guild made from Dragonoids, just like you. But what makes this one special is that he was alone in this fight... This is before I took the title of guildmaster in AOG. He simply went there alone and declared war upon them." Alf's eyes widened, and he trembled with excitement.

"Yes, this was his first time, wasn't it..."