Young Disaster's Gambit.

"She also summoned [Einherjar]."

"HAAAAAAAAAAA????"

Zeshi's lifeless corpse lay among the artifacts Ainz had just dropped. God and fanatic, master and disciple, best friend to best friend, Ainz and Alf stared at each other.

Ainz and Alf Red knew this enigmatic knight posed a significant threat to Nazarick. If power like this existed commonly in the world, unbeknownst to them, it indicated a serious failure in their intelligence gathering and defense preparation.

"Alf, do you realize the gravity of what you're saying?" Ainz asked, his tone heavy with concern.

"I do, Ainz-sama. This world is clearly larger and more complex than we initially thought."

"But... It makes no sense. Einherjar and The Goal of All Life is Death? There is no conceivable way for a single person to wield both unless they used something akin to Wish Upon a Star. Did you see any indication that she used a World Item?"

Alf reached into his inventory and produced the knight's scythe.

"She wielded this, but I don't think it's a World Item."

"HAH?!"

"What's wrong, Ainz-sama?"

"I know this scythe! I fought against it once!"

"Then is it a World It—"

"No... I fought against it in Yggdrasil. A fellow overlord wielded it," Ainz recalled, memories resurfacing from nearly 25 years ago when he was just a player traversing the nine worlds of Yggdrasil.

The overlord, or perhaps the clan they belonged to, had slipped from his memory—a quarter century was a long time. Yet, the battle itself remained vivid. The only time he had faced an overlord one-on-one, wielding this very scythe. Memories long buried in his skeletal mind stirred. It had been two decades since his arrival in this new world. Physically unchanged, he had grown older and wiser, gradually molding himself into the overlord his denizens needed.

This scythe, however, was a relic of Suzuki Satoru—a reminder of his humanity, which was being buried with each passing day. His true self would have faded long ago had Alf Red not come into his life. A bitter smile stretched across his face—though it didn't manifest physically, Ainz knew Alf could sense it.

"So you came here too, huh..."

"Ainz-sama... Do you know this knight?" Alf inquired.

"No. I knew the person who originally owned this weapon. Since this individual was also undead like me, someone else wielding it could only mean they arrived here and perished," Ainz explained.

"Was he... strong?" Alf asked reluctantly.

"I'm stronger." Ainz remembered the fight vividly, and the memories he couldn't recall before rushed back into his mind. "She had just reached level 100 and had the misfortune of being in the dungeon when Ainz Ooal Gown decided to raid. I utterly destroyed her."

"So it's a she, then."

"I was quite surprised to see a woman play as an overlord; it wasn't their usual preference, you know? So it's something hard to forget."

"Then... this knight had a talent similar to mine." Alf speculated.

Ainz recalled his first thoughts upon arriving in this world, and why he adopted the name Ainz Ooal Gown. As a conqueror, politician, and administrator, he had succeeded. Yet, as a guild master, he had failed. He couldn't find any of his comrades in this strange land, so he made their name known as much as he could, spreading it like a plague of dread.