Arrival Of The Sleepwalkers

The galloping noises of the horses, pulling their cart slowly got quieter and quieter. The adventurer group sleepwalkers got close enough to the city to enter the main road.

"Hmmmh? we there allready ?" Sleeping captain of the group, stharta asked a question without raising his head to check for himself.

"We'll be there in an hour or so boss,  we are in the main road now. You can keep napping if you like"  Nelgu answered him, he was a timid middle aged man. He had a curiousity  big enough that would normally get him killed, since he had no fighting skills. But where he lacked in muscle, he made up in brains, he was a genius when  it came to setting traps and navigating roads. He and Stharta met in the snowy mountains that previously housed giants, he was alone and trying to climb to the peak, got cornered by some wild animals, if it wasnt for stharta, who was  looking to fulfill an adventurers contract in the area. Saving him, his body wouldve been processed and turned into shit by long. He was fairly loyal to the captain.

"Shouldnt there be undead wandering around these parts by now ? " Horlingar asked his comrades in arms.

"Rather than undead,  there should've been beastmen raiding villages on our way to here. Did they settle in the city or something ?" The middle aged magician, buraknaw looked outside, trying to spot wild beastmen.

"Youre right the beastmen would take care of the undead. "

"We will see when we arrive at the city, now shut up im trying to sleep here" Muhlow ended the conversation with his stern voice. He was a man in his 40's, a fairly grumpy one. Didnt talk much, didnt do much other than fight, eat and sleep. Well i say sleep, he often got nightmares from his past. Waking the rest of the group up with his screams. He was trained in the empire, one of the elites even, his fighting prowess was hard to come by around the continent, yet he left his country and army to venture into the unknown. At least thats what he told his comrades.

.

.

.

.

.

Alf had spotted the group coming closer to the city, a whole day before since he could teleport... (Everytime i use teleportation spells, i remember his words... The time that is saved by simply enduring some stomache ache... Truly the greatest supreme being) It took them days upon days on a cart tied to horses to arrive to dranox, for him the only diffrence was a moments notice, instantly at the place his heart desired. In an age without cellular phones, the spells like teleportation and message are simply invaluable.

Due to his advantage and heads up from his subordinate, alf had prepared plans to deal with the adventurer group, and to stop any kind of hinderances to his proccess before they even have a chance to appear. 

Shoxe stood next to him in the city walls, looking over to the fields of green outside of the city.

"If my eyes didnt play any tricks on me, i counted 6 bodies. Didnt it say 5 members on their  membership ? " 

"ye'r right rodolf-sama, it said 5 member without a doubt"

" Maybe they had another adventurer join them ? Still it shouldnt be a problem, just one more pile of bones if need be." 

"Its as you say milord"

"You're trying too hard to lick my ass sometimes shoxe, but i should warn you. Im not interested in men"

"II--IM SORRY MILORD, IF IVE OFFENDED YOU IN ANY WAY, FORGIVE THIS OLD FOOL"

"It's fine, you work diligently, and havent seen you try or attempt any sort of treason. I wont get rid of you unless you give me a reason to"