The Last Stand Of the Old Soldier.

[Iä! Shub-Niggurath!]

No...

" APPLAUD, MY SUPREME POWER! "

Not again, please...

"You think that's strong magic ? AHAHAHAHAHAAHAH".

Please stop, don't kill them....

"Her beautiful little children!" 

No, stop it...

"MEEe-EEEEe-EEEEEEEEEEE!"

PLEASE NO MORE....

[Earlier that same evening]

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Muhlow woke up in a cold sweat, took a look at his surroundings. He was inside the room of the inn they checked in earlier today. He barely remembered what had happened, his last recollection was eating together with his comrades and that shady adventurer called Rodolf.

"Ahhh... I'm sure I embarrassed the guys again..." 

Muhlow Xarjnal Used to be one of the elite soldiers within the forces of baharuth empire, his career was simply spectacular. Until that unforgettable day, where his entire life had changed for good. He was in the frontlines, on top of his horse, when the sorcerer king, Ainz Ooal Gown, had massacred the forces of the Re-estize Kingdom. Him, his comrades and many more were traumatized beyond salvation that day, in front of their eyes, close to 300,000 people were simply reduced to mere dirt. After that day he notified his superiors that he was resigning from the army, and without much fuss he had left the empire, in exchange for the life of an adventurer. Although he had left the empire behind, the empire had not left him. Almost every night, he would wake up screaming from his reoccurring nightmare. He had developed a phobia and hatred towards the undead after the event, although he feared them, he took it upon himself to exterminate every undead he was to face after that day.

He scratched the back of his head, where he felt a bump, probably because Startha had to knock him out. Again... He looked around the room, but he was alone, maybe they have left him to sleep and went out in the city ? Or perhaps they were enjoying the elf they had in their company. 

He put his ear to the wall, to hear the room next-door, and not to his surprise, there were moaning noises. The elf and startha, but if the leader was there, then nelgu had to be near "Fucking parasite, never leaves his side ".

He looked outside the window, the sun had set a while ago and night was to rule for the coming hours, he was used to the night sky though. The name sleepwalkers got attached to them, because of their tactics and only moving in the night, taking contracts in the night, Muhlow never really understood Startha's rule of only moving in the night, and fighting in the night. Yet he was an outsider, perhaps that's how they trained their soldiers in the roble holy kingdom, he didn't care much, and got used to the routine after a few fights.

He started to even like moving in the night, more chances to encounter undead, more chances to rid the world of them. Perhaps Startha liked it because he was an adrenaline junky, he got off on the adrenaline of near-death experiences. He didn't know, couldn't figure it out, didn't care enough to figure it out, he was a competent enough fighter to entrust his back, and that was enough for him.

He wanted to get a breath of fresh air, donned his gear and left his room, he wanted to say he was leaving, but he didn't want to bother him while the chief was on the mission. Furthermore, he left the inn without telling him.

"Its warm... Shouldn't it be a chilly season ?... eh, who cares." The City was still awake, people were walking the streets with their children, and even some kids all by their lonesome. Weren't they afraid ? How could a mother or a father let their child be unsupervised at the dead of night ?! It was absurd. Yet their smiles, and laughing had calmed him, if they were having fun without a worry, they should be safe... "I wonder how".