4. Watch Out Alpha

Luna Margaret

I have sacrificed so much of my own happiness to have the title of Luna of Pinewood pack. Jack isn't my fated mate and I had to get him to choose me due to the orders I received from the Rogue Alliance. Although, I know now that there is a higher power above them calling the shots.

My fated mate is still out there, and I feel the betrayal through our bond when he is intimate with his forced chosen mate. We weren't allowed to be together due to the rules of our pack. He was the son of the Beta, but with the beliefs of my former pack my lower rank would have weakened him. It obviously isn't true, but it is part of the reason for their downfall as they were taken out by stronger, progressive packs.

I am from Mountain View pack known to be ruthless savages before it was dismantled. I am of Delta blood and was trained to be an assassin, which was an honor for a woman there. Outside of my training I had no other freedoms growing up and was restricted to indulge in many things throughout my life. I no longer have a family because they were casualties in the war between the Rogue Alliance and those that oppose them. They are winning, and it is comforting that I am on the side that is coming out on top, but I've hardened myself and no focus on Lucy as she is my only daughter.

One of my first assignments was to weaken Alpha Jack Lawrence by removing his fated mate Clara from his life. After she was taken care of, I use the opportunity to trick Jack into taking me as a chosen mate so I could excel in life and have the opportunity to hold a Luna title. I impersonated an Omega at a pack gathering so that I could get close enough to him by serving him food and drink. With the help of a witch, I used a potion I poured in Jack's beverage that fakes a mate bond that is sealed with a kiss after the spell incantation. I paid another server to serve him the drink while I cited the spell and walking out into the room ensuring we made eye contact. The rest is history and worked out quite nicely for me.

It was only a temporary solution, but the effects lasted long enough for him to accept me and to grant me the title of Luna for his pack. Thankfully we had consummated our relationship quickly, so it was also easy to pass Lucy off as his. Which he now knows she isn't his after her shift and that's a conversation we will be having soon.

Lucy performed the rejection without hesitation and didn't bat an eye when the man she was meant to be with begged for her to reconsider breaking their bond. She flinched slightly at his pain but recovered quickly with her head held high. This Gamma shouldn't be a problem despite them living in the same pack after tonight. It seems the Moon Goddess decided to partake in a joke making the Gamma from Red Dawn her fated mate when she is pairing up with the future Alpha.

Watching my daughter reminded me that my mate never said the words to reject me. Our bond isn't severed, and the time and distance has weakened it, but the connection is still there allowing me to feel his betrayal. I curse his name every time I feel the pain when he's with his chosen mate, but like I said it is the way it had to be. He used to feel my infidelity too when Jack and I were together, I'm sure. My mate still wanted me despite the rules, but after his public mating ceremony we were never together again and allowed to properly sever our bond. He doesn't know we have a daughter, and I must protect her as the only family I will ever have.

Lucy's wolf isn't chestnut like me and is muddy brown like her biological dad, so the cat is out of the bag now. Luckily, she will be leaving in the morning anyway.

Mason informed me that Eric rejected his mate during his time at the school, so finding his fated mate won't be an issue in the future. She was an Omega working at the school as a teacher's aide, which is definitely not Luna material. This makes them the perfect match, especially since seconds chance mates are a rarity within the werewolf world. Having one less worry is promising for this situation.

Lucy is smiling like she has won a competition; however, Eric is scrolling through his phone and unphased. I clear my throat to remind them to look so happy in love and excited for this Moon Goddess "gift" before they walk through the doorway. Eric takes the hint and grabs her hand. They have to look the part because a true mate bond is difficult to fight, especially for higher ranked wolves.

I softly smile at my daughter and mind link her to keep her confidence up." I'm sure he will love you in no time, Lucy. This union will be a strong and powerful one and now you are the Luna of a strong pack." She smiles bigger and the spark in her eye returns with the comfort of my words. That a girl.

We walk up to the table, and I nudge Jack with my elbow to get his attention. Lucy tells him to announce that Eric and Lucy are fated mates with so much enthusiasm she would win an award for best actress. Maybe she truly is happy though, but if Eric is anything like Mason the future she thinks she has isn't what she will actually get. He looks slightly skeptical but accepts it when Lucy confirms they will be leaving together in the morning. His eyes turned black briefly, then back to blue after he closed his parted mouth and tapped on a champagne flute to gather the room's attention.

"Thank you all for coming to tonight's celebration, as we close out the evening, we have one last announcement to make. Lucy Lawrence and Eric Taylor are fated mates and the new future Luna and Alpha of Red Dawn pack. For those of you returning to your packs tonight have safe travels, and for those staying on our territory please enjoy our accommodations and let us know if you need anything."

"You could have said that with more enthusiasm Jack." I say through a fake smile. He lightly growls back at me with clenched teeth while the crowd breaks out in applause and begins to empty the dining hall.

I smile to myself knowing part one of my plan is in motion. Next, I will have to take care of Liam's future mate even though he has found the one fated to him.

Liam did well to compose himself, but he didn't completely cover up the fact Scarlett is his mate for anyone paying attention. I will use this weakness against him if I must. Since Scarlett ran off after their encounter, so I will have to wait until she isn't hiding away on the Gamma floor to deal with her.

First, I must deal with the conversation Jack, and I are about to have, which I know won't go well. The truth shall set you free, but I'm not convinced it will ring true in this case.

We walk back to our floor, and he is grumpier than ever as his aura radiates an anger, which I've never felt from him before. It is quite scary that a whimper escapes me from his overwhelming presence. The words he says next didn't surprise me and I have to accept my fate.

"You will also be going to Red Dawn with Lucy in the morning. You will not come back as you are exiled from Pinewood pack and are stripped of your Luna title and privileges. I reject you Margret as my chosen Luna and mate now and forever."

We haven't slept together in years, and we head toward our separate rooms after he exiles me. The door slams shut, and I hear him throwing things around his chamber growling in between objects hitting the walls. Thankfully the high-ranking floors are soundproof, so the whole pack house won't hear him throwing a fit in his room, just Liam if he happens to be on our floor right now.

Being exiled wasn't part of my plan, but I have so many more secrets and Lucy being someone else's pup isn't the worst of them. Watch out Alpha Jack I am coming for you and don't be surprised that I'm not the only one.