34. Great Expectations

Liam

Demons are stronger than anyone thought since we haven't been exposed to them until now and with the muscle, they displayed we lost several leaders during the fight. With those of us that survived we worked together to overcome them and sent the demons back to hell with the help of witches and warlocks that were at the meeting. They created a portal with their magic and closed it off hoping that the residents of hell wouldn't be able to break through again in the future. We also decided the building should never be used again and is now crumbled to the ground on top of the gateway leading to hell. Unfortunately, there are other entry and exit ways scattered throughout the world even if they can never claw their way through this one.

"You are bribing me?" she seethes before she gives a half-hearted fine into our demands.

Nancy Sanchez was adamant about broadcasting this entire debacle for the public to see on the supernatural news. I took some convincing, but we were able to coerce her into agreeing not to broadcast this in its entirety. It is amazing the leverage you can use on someone to get your way sometimes and what you can learn about a person. It seems she had a hand in her late vampire mate's death. Knowing that lets me know she isn't to be trusted, nor is anyone in the human faction because it is evident the more I discover the more I know they do not have the supernatural kind and their wellbeing in mind.

Our aim was to prevent a great fear from spreading throughout the supernatural world and to allow the families and groups that lost their leaders be told in a private and more intimate manner rather than it being so impersonal. It is also difficult due to the fact we don't have many answers or why they would do this. I have an I idea about who they are working for, but the motive is still unclear. Ultimately, she was scripted to report to our kind that the demons weren't allowed to join our factions because they admitted to malicious intent and although this was only a small percentage of them at this meeting, we recommend using caution when interacting one if you cross their path.

The only beings that will know the truth about what happened that night are those that were physically present for the violent altercation between the supernatural beings and demons. The supernatural news will broadcast the event to an extent because we can't keep this from them. Our world will know that the demons attacked us and caused a separation but for the sake of keeping everyone calm the intricate details were left out and I'm thankful Nancy Sanchez complied with the request.

"Well, if we are done here, I'll take my leave," as she huffs and stomps her way to her news channel van with her crew mumbling under her breath how we will all be sorry.

Nancy Sanchez is definitely up to something, and I'll be looking into her more closely to find out how she is connected in everything too. A human mated to any supernatural being is rare, and vampires are difficult to kill even with her family history of being hunters and knowing our secrets. There is something more to her despite how she feigns innocence and support to all kinds.

I am sure that the demons will plan another attack when we least expect it, but for now there are precautions in place to keep us as safe as we can. A universal ban on travel has been implemented for everyone's protection, which through people up in arms at first. We emphasized that it will be reevaluated often to determine when it can be lifted because we can't keep people from traveling, especially when it comes to businesses they have inside the human world or to visit their families. We can't keep the demons in hell indefinitely unless we locate every door and find a way to block it and that will take a lot of time to complete. Unfortunately, with the ban on travel that means we must use remote measures to interact with other leaders via phone conferences, which increases costs for security and the use of encrypted servers. Technology has come a long way but there are barriers to overcome still. I laugh to myself as I think about the Y2K scare a few years ago and how the humans thought the world would end for technology and a giant bug would render our computers useless. Humans can be quite silly and fearful of things based on their erratic behaviors to change and the fear of the unknown. They are also quite impressionable and believe almost anything to are told like it is served to them with a spoon.