29. Acts of Service

Scarlett

This night has turned out to be longer and not as rewarding as I had anticipated. What was meant for a night of enjoyment and celebration is ending with work. I'm not a fan of spending my Saturday night this way but who is? I know I am the Luna, and it is expected I just wanted some me time after Danny's ceremony. I had every intention of going to bed right after the celebration and speaking with Liam in the morning to clear the air between us. We need to fix whatever this mess is together. Our people will suffer if we continue the distance and tension between us so for both of our sake's it is time to reunite and merge our souls back together, cohesively.

I will forgive him once he apologizes, but don't be mistaken on the fact he will still have to face the consequences for his behavior. The Goddess paired us together for a reason and our wolves are meant to be in sync. It's just our human counterparts derailing the relationship until we both get back on track. I still have my doubts, but I'm pushing them aside as best I can because I want to believe the Goddess wants us to build our relationship back up.

Questioning Margaret and her Mate, as well as speaking to Michael's grandfather about letting them through the barrier in the first place will be exhausting but I might as well speak to Liam tonight too. It is obvious at this point sleep is not in my future any time soon and getting everything out now seems the way to go. I already have a full plate tomorrow with all the tasks I must complete, including a visit to a new set of twins. They were due any day now so them arriving when they didn't is just fine, unfortunately checking on Marissa and her babies will be a shorter visit than I had planned.

I knew I would be in the spotlight often once I became Luna since it was my duty to appear at public relations activities within the territory and ensuring the group is well cared for. I have traveled to other packs and groups of species with Liam and attended the monthly scheduled Alpha meetings for all the supernatural's, because that is also part of being Luna Queen. It is an unfortunate part of my title due to my introverted nature that I've struggled to embrace and with that comes the responsibility to dole at the necessary punishments to those who committed any crimes.

With that being said I haven't had to come down to the cells very often, which I'm grateful for. The silver that lines the cells isn't what bothers me even though it can suppress most wolves power, it is the smell of lingering notes of bleach and old blood from the brutal interrogations that have taken place here. I'm hoping Margaret and her mate comply and don't prolong anyone's time down here because honestly, I might vomit. Does anyone else down here not smell that? Thankfully we can speak to Michael's grandfather in the Alpha office after this. I'm certain he will accept the consequences of his actions although he won't like what I have planned for him at all.

Being down here is the last thing I want to be doing right now and I'm grateful Liam is rubbing circles on my hand with his thumb. It is comforting while we deal with all of this, together like we should be. Liam doesn't see Margaret as his mother anymore, but this interrogation situation is more complex than the typical rogue the guards usually bring down here and he isn't immune to emotion from the mixed bag radiating off him.

Margaret looks rough. I never thought I would see this woman wearing her hair in a messy bun, ripped skinny jeans and a Bon Jovi tee shirt. It is different from the pant suits and nice dresses she wore while parading around here, that is for sure. I chuckle to myself as I wonder if she likes his music or it's just something she was able to find at the time. Desperate times call for desperate measures I'm told.

I'm not persuaded she has truly reformed her ways, and neither is Savvy. She will always be the type of being that chooses to be on the side that best serves her purpose or will give her the better outcome. She's provided some information that matches up with everything that Eric has told Liam and I, so there is some truth to her words. So, Savvy was right, she did surprise me, but not enough to trust her.