18. Return My Queen

Liam

My dad removed several members that supported a closed-minded ideology with the help of James and Richard while Scarlett and I bonded for a week of pure bliss. Most supporters were sent to the assimilation pack if they chose not to go rogue. Wolves that separate from pack life typically don't last long and become feral without a family and hierarchy system that a wolf needs to sustain. We had several losses, and the numbers outweigh the members that we have gained, but I'm not concerned because I trust the Goddess to help us get our numbers back up. All our new members aren't werewolves which adds diversity to Pinewood and I'm grateful for that.

Accepting different species into our pack has been refreshing and I know the members that weren't kicked out will see the value in accepting them. Our new members can give back to the pack in different ways, which will add to our strength and help us prosper. Wolves are known to be brute warriors with fast healing capabilities, but our newest additions have special talents and strengths of their own. Fairies are one with nature, so the landscaping around this place is phenomenal and they have added some magical touches we didn't have before along with an increase in produce for consumption. The fairies have also helped secure our borders with their magic too, but their magic isn't as strong as the witches that have joined us. I once thought they were scary and evil, based on the stories I was told, but they are actually quite polite and don't cause harm to others like I was led to believe.

All vampires have speed, but the Cel De Trat's are also gifted. Luca can read minds, which he says he won't do without consent unless it is necessary. It will come in handy during interrogations in the future. He wants to join the warriors but wants to focus on forming an IT team because he loves technology. He also mentioned one of his favorite action-packed spy movies, so I'm not convinced he isn't a nerd deep down. A high-quality security system will be help keep our pack safer with our regularly scheduled patrol units though, so I'm on board. Ricardo can see the future based on someone's choices, but he said it can be limited and changes often due to the situation and he can't control when he is able to use his gift because it comes when it comes. Esme can move objects through telekinesis, although there are limits based on the objects size and distance from her. I get it. She's strong, but everyone has their limits.

I didn't expect the future gamma of Red Dawn to join our pack given Pinewoods history with Red Dawn, but dad reminded me it was more of an issue with Alpha Mason and how he didn't agree with how he ran the pack. Michael renounced his ties to Red Dawn and is not only of werewolf blood, but also a witch, or maybe he prefers warlock. I don't know the term to use exactly, but he's fully capable of using magic and has already placed hex bags along with protection spells and barriers around the territory. He has an interesting backstory and if all members aren't like Alpha Mason, then allowing him here is an opportunity to turn over a new leaf and change things within the werewolf community. At least I hope so. Unfortunately, that also means my stepsister is back, but she's been better supposedly.

Michael and Lucy reestablished their bond and revoked their rejections, so she was also allowed to come back as a member of Pinewood too. My dad and I didn't welcome her with open arms, but she seems to be growing into a positive light based on what people are saying about her. Her scent doesn't bother me or Max anymore, either so maybe that means she truly is changing. I'll still be weary of her, but as supportive as I can if she stays on the right track. I know she wants to open a clothing store in the future and will have to stay in my good graces because I'll be the one to approve it or not.

Wendy is a descendant of the witches of the Breckenridge coven. She wants to renounce any ties and break free of them but can't until their brand is removed from her wrist, or at least that is what she says. Her and Michael have some ideas on how to do that, but it will be painful for her. That mark has been on her skin less than a year, which they say is a better for her about getting rid of it. What she went through is traumatic and she agreed to see the pack doctor every week for therapy sessions. I thought maybe she would fight my dad on the two warriors that follow her around all day, but she hasn't asked not to be followed around and I continued it as one of my first declarations as Alpha.