Chapter 5: New Friends

"Choi Mira and Min San, right?"

All day long Jeongguk failed to let go of the things his dad had said to him. His words stuck to him like glue and made him feel utterly uncomfortable for a reason Jeongguk just cannot explain. But life must go on in the end. And at the time evening then finally arrived Jeongguk forced himself to focus on the second very important event of the day; the introduction at Seoul's most famous Crimson Heaven location.

As soon as Mira and Jeongguk himself walked through the doors of the establishment, a young man of around twenty-five years old stood there waiting for them. A sun-kissed face with a bright yet too formal smile on his lips, eyes just a tad bit too big. But this young man is very handsome. The question he asks indicates he has been waiting for a while. And Jeongguk decides to answer politely. "We are, yes. And you are?..."

The young man chuckles. He stretches his hand for Jeongguk to shake, which the youth somewhat hesitantly accepts. But it seems to not bother the handsome man who, Jeongguk only now notices, is wearing a suit.

Why wear a fucking suit to a place like this outside working hours?

"My name is Park Dohwan," the man introduces himself and lets go of Jeongguk's hand after a strong yet polite shake. He then also shakes Mira's hand. "I am the location leader here. Very nice to finally meet you."

Jeongguk understands. This is the guy who has been trying to convince me to transfer here for the past year. Deciding not to let it show on his face, Jeongguk smiles politely. "Min San. Nice to meet you, too."

"Choi Mira. I am San-ah's confidant." Mira smiles kindly at the tall location leader. "Let us go continue our conversation inside, shall we?"

"Sounds like a good plan to me. Follow me, please." Dohwan gestures for the two of them to follow him inside a neat office where they sit down.

The next hour is spent talking about details and conditions that both parties will need to come to terms with. It is mostly Mira who converses and replies while Jeongguk listens closely and brings up a thing or two once in a while. Very boring, the youth must say. But it is very important and besides, it will keep his safety.

Then after an hour Dohwan finally presents to Jeongguk the contract.

"After a year the Min San has finally decided to come give my place a chance. I am greatly honoured. Let us wish for a peaceful cooperation." Dohwan's words of pleasure are much too honeyed for Jeongguk's liking, but he knows better than to say something about it. Better than anyone does he know just why this location leader was so persistent to get him here in Seoul.

A year ago before Park Dohwan was promoted to new location leader of Crimson Heaven in Seoul, this very same establishment was dying out. The courtesans were not very satisfying, the interior was not good. To say in short; there was nothing that made the location special.

Crimson Heaven's owner was not so very pleased when he found out about it. He at once appointed Park Dohwan as the new location leader and it did not take longer than a half year before the place became famous again. However, Dohwan wanted just a little bit more fame. He thought about it for a long time but just never seemed to find the right way to get more customers.

Then one day, he overheard some of the customers talking about this famous courtesan from Crimson Heaven in Busan; Min San, a youth with outstanding beauty who somehow became famous. A real customer's favourite. Even more so, the boy could also sing and dance. Two downsides however, not just anyone could see him, and he refused every offer to be transfered.