Chapter 11: Youthful Vibes

In truth, by the time the anticipated Thursday finally came around, Kim Namjoon was still a hot talk among the people. They just couldn't let go of the fact his face had been shown on television just like that after all those years.

Now of course, Kim Namjoon's face is far from a secret. Back in the days he had followers left and right and he often appeared in public. Although a smart and cautious youth, he used to be a little full of himself back then. That is what the people say about him anyway. The truth is Kim Namjoon was driven to succeed in his goal, and a hatred such like his own was much stronger than his consciousness.

And not to forget Kim Namjoon was a rather handsome fella as well. A face like that, how could girls not fall in love?

But the case has already been solved. Kim Namjoon received his punishment and was released by the authorities. He was free to go, but stil had to fulfill his three months of community service.

Jeongguk had seeked him out the day after the lawsuit when his dad was officially released. Kim Namjoon was glad to see his youngest son, but he looked sad as well. He had engulfed him in a warm hug and tried very hard not to cry.

"Return to Busan first, okay? Your appa and hyung must be so worried. I'll be fine on my own."

Namjoon had said. But against all odds, Jeongguk had shook his head softly before creating a bit of distance between the two of them. Without letting go of his dad, Jeongguk said: "there isn't anywhere to return to in Busan anymore. I will stay here until Dad's finished his community service and we can go back to Appa and Hyung together."

Surprised and confused, Kim Namjoon had stared at the younger for a solid minute trying to understand what he meant. "Nowhere to return to? Bunny, what are you talking about?"

Jeongguk ignored his dad's question and zipped open the bag he had brought with him. A black one, its straps lazily resting on his right shoulder. From the bag Jeongguk took a thick envelope which he stuffed in his dad's hands before zipping his bag closed again. "Don't ask for a transfer to Busan and just do your community service here in Seoul. The emperor's keeping a close eye on you. He'll follow you wherever you go."

"Jeongguk, what's this supposed to mean?" Namjoon had a hunch about what the envelope's content could be, and for a reason he was unable to voice, it made him feel uncomfortable to the bones. This can't be legal money, how did he get this?

"Dad, I really cannot explain it right now. And also... please don't ask me where the money's from. To tell you honestly, I was never gonna tell you about this money anyway, so just pretend like it's nothing?"

Namjoon wanted to ask. Jeongguk is more important to him than the child could ever know, so of course Namjoon wants to make sure Jeongguk is alright.

But he understood. Better than anyone else could ever, Namjoon understood that wherever the money came from is the least of their problems. Because the look in Jeongguk's eyes during their conversation tells him that something is going on, something Jeongguk cannot talk about in public.

And thus Kim Namjoon sighed and nodded. "I will find a place to stay and finish my community service quietly. Don't cause trouble, Bunny. Be safe."

That was the last thing Kim Namjoon said before father and son parted ways. And since then, Jeongguk has not heard anything from him at all.