Chapter 27: Folded Envelope

Taehyung did not even have to prepare himslf mentally before going in. Looking back to lock eyes with Dongwoo, he merely looked.

Needing no verbal instructions from his superior, Dongwoo quickly moves to the front and bows deeply before he reaches to the door knob to make way inside the spacious living room.

"Your Majesty,"

Sending his subordinate a curt nod as reply, Taehyung walks by him and enters the room.

He is immediately met with a broad back, as the owner of said back had been waiting while looking outside the tall windows.

Yoongi turns around when he realises Jun has already returned. He shortly glances his way to make sure the younger is still in one piece before he minds the usually faceless emperor standing only a few feet away from himself.

Taehyung is the first to speak up.

"Kim Yoongi?"

Yoongi scoffs. He refuses to answer the other's question directly. "Kim Taehyung?"

Taehyung frowns unhappily.

He has been called by his full name twice now, by people belonging to the lowest rank their country knows. This really makes his mood no better.

Yet, instead of lashing out at the so-called King of the Underworld, Taehyung fakes a smile. "Aren't I very popular today?"

Once again, Yoongi refuses to answer. He also does not scoff.

This blank reaction makes Taehyung feel embarrassed somehow. He coughs awkwardy before composing himself, remembering the older's reason to have come by in the first place.

"Kim Jeongguk is not here today," he goes straight to the point, "you had best come by another time."

Yoongi finally replies this time.

"Of course I know."

"Sure, that's a given. Yeona can be quite the tattle-tale if you let her."

There, the bomb has been exposed.

But the attacker shows no signs of trouble. If anything, the hostile smile settling on Yoongi's face rather indicates there is no problem with the other knowing how he came inside.

"She sure can be." Yoongi agrees.

Taehyung nods incredulously. He had not known what to expect. But clearly, it was not this!

Yoongi sighs, "it is Ahyeon who let us in. It is also her who expressed her worry for my little brother. As the elder brother, of course I have to come by."

"Is it truly that important?" Taehyung asks.

"It sure is. Because you have told the entire nation of your desire to marry him!"

This time, Yoongi was not able to hide his emotions. Anger not only laces his voice, it is his voice, and it renders the other three in the room momentarily speechless.