Chapter 15: Not Quite Jeongguk's Day

In the end the group of five decided to visit the aquarium for a few hours and to have dinner together later.

Jeongguk would have been very excited in any other situation. He has never visited an aquarium before and secretly, it was quite difficult to not show it. But the current situation wouldn't precisely allow him to behave carelessly like he usually would around his friends. Seojun's presence being too uncomfortable to him.

No one else seemed to notice this however. Especially Sangbin and Chaeri were all over the tall and handsome Busan guy.

And Chaeri seemed to actually really quite like Seojun.

"So, you're from Busan?" Chaeri asks the tall blonde. Walking beside him and being unable to not steal a glance at his face so now and then. "Our Jeonggukkie is from Busan too!"

"Really?" Seojun smiles at Chaeri. His smile is warm and charming, his eyes turning into crescents. "Then, I'm glad. I was afraid I would be on my own."

Chaeri quickly turns her face the other way and coughs, trying very hard to hide her blush. "O, of course you're not on your own!" She assures the tall blonde. "Even if you were the only one from Busan, we're friends now, right? Friends are there for each other!"

Jeongguk just watches them talk to each other. Walking behind them as he is both suspicious and uncomfortable.

Did Sangbin hyung really have to invite this stranger? He's obviously flirting with Chaeri, there's no way he doesn't notice her blushing!

But no matter how unhappy Jeongguk is with what he sees it isn't like scolding the newcomer in his head will solve anything. Besides, Jeongguk must admit Seojun really does not seem to be a bad guy. A Busan street thug or not, this Kang Seojun has manners and he is gentle. Nothing about him tells Jeongguk he's up to no good. And yet, the former courtesan just fails to shake off the feeling something about the guy is weird.

Street thugs don't just leave. They're usually at the very bottom, so it should be impossible for them to just suddenly up and move to Seoul. Unless...

Unless they reveived someone's support. And in that case they definitely have a reason to be where they are.

That only adds to Jeongguk's suspicion.

Are you here to do harm or to prevent harm? There is no chance you didn't approach Sangbin hyung without a reason. I'll need to figure out what you're here for.

For a split second the face of Busan's Crimson Heaven appears before Jeongguk's eyes. It makes his skin crawl and he subconsciously crosses his arms, scratching.

Impossible,

Jeongguk scolds himself.

It can't be him. Granny assured me everything is okay. This guy's definitely not here on his order.

Sighing deeply feeling dumb for scaring himself for no good reason at all, Jeongguk rubs his head.

"Are you okay? You've been so silent all the way." Seohyun finally asks. She has kept an eye on him all the way and could no longer keep quiet.