Chapter 14: Meet-Up at the City Square

Jeongguk has no idea how he did it.

Oh no, nothing bad happened! In fact has nothing really happened at all. Or, yes, something happened. And that something is what brought Jeongguk right where he is at right now; the city square. And he is currently there with three friends.

Friends are... something Jeongguk has never had before. Not ever.

Jeongguk has no idea how he made friends all of the sudden.

It all started that one night out, was it not? That evening when Jeongguk went around to explore Seoul's nightlife and ended up at a very musical street where buskers were performing with passion that probably overstemmed that of actual idols. And then while he watched in amazement he somehow got the attention of two young adults from around his own age; Sangbin and Chaeri. A mere conversation about an idol called Park Jimin was followed by an "oh! We have an extra ticket left, why don't you tag along with us?"

And now here we are; around six weeks later, at the city square. As friends.

"Ggukkie! We're here!"

Jeongguk was running a little late because Jimin and he himself had made it a little late the day before. Luckily his friends did not mind and suggested they wait for him at the square.

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" Jeongguk replies to Chaeri, who excitedly waves at him standing on a wooden bench. People are watching. But Chaeri seems unbothered.

No, it is not that Chaeri seems unbothered, she really actually is unbothered!

Jeongguk feels a bit embarrassed though.

Seohyun, who is sitting in a leisure position on that same bench, lightly smacks Chaeri's leg. "You're embarrassing him, Chaer. Leave him be."

Chaeri scoffs and rolls her eyes. She jumps off the bench and pouts. "Such a killjoy. Always defending the maknae!"

"Kill it, Chaeri. Boy's traumatised by you."

Sangbin waves them off and slings an arm around Jeongguk's shoulder. "Let them catfight. Say, what shall we do today?"

Jeongguk has gotten used to Chaeri's teasing by now, he is not as shy about it as he was in the beginning. But the fact she is socially the exact opposite to him still stands. And sometimes it makes Jeongguk feel a bit uncomfortable. Not to the point of a breakdown however. Just enough to make him all shy and blushing.

And as Chaeri's love for teasing Jeongguk grew, Seohyun adopted the habit of defending him instead.

"You really remind me of my little brother sometimes, y'know?"

Jeongguk must admit Seohyun is one hell of a woman, as she would sometimes even glare at people who stare at any of them five for longer than three seconds. She is very protective.

While Minji would be on Chaeri's side most of the time teasing Jeongguk, Minji is also the person who he feels most comfortable around when it comes to calmth. She never forces Jeongguk to speak and knows it when a topic's uncomfortable. Jeongguk likes that about her.

And Sangbin... Sangbin is just Sangbin. He is kind and social, but is also very chaotic. Tall and handsome which attracts stares from girls. But he is a dummy. He is kind of cute, even.