Chapter 6: What If We Became Boyfriends?

Friday evening has finally arrived. All ready and settled, Jeongguk feels more nervous for his shift than ever before. Which really is not so strange. Seeing his name has been mentioned in Crimson Heaven's magazine and has been pinned an important post on their website! Never before has Jeongguk's schedule been filled up within only an hour time. And that marks for all six days he will be working here in Seoul. The young courtesan feels pressured.

"San-ah!" Mira enters Jeongguk's room thirty minutes before Crimson Heaven opens for the night. She holds her tablet and sits down beside Jeongguk, handing him the device. "Take a look at who somehow managed to book your time on each of these six days, again."

"Kim Jimin," Jeongguk already knows before his eyes can take in the names. "That guy is exceptional, you must admit." A small smirk settles on his lips as he says this, which results in a soft scolding from Mira. "Are you glad to see him again?" She asks. "This guy is bad news, San-ah. You better hope he gets bored soon and leaves you alone!"

"I know, I know. Granny, you always say this. But, take a look at the other names. I know none of them. At least I know Kim Jimin treats me okay, right?"

Mira cannot really go against that. She sighs and pats Jeongguk's hair. "You are right. But please be very careful with that guy."

"Promise."

And Jeongguk means it. It is not as if he himself has not yet realised the danger Kim Jimin brings, after all. Jeongguk is well-aware and he also has a family to return to. There is no possibility he will not be careful. And yet, Jeongguk quite likes this dangerous man. He does even though he really should not. And the reality of it being wrong makes it the more exciting.

Even if Jeongguk did not want to, there already is no way out anymore.

Jeongguk had originally expected this shift to be worse than his usual ones. Especially because he is somewhere far away from home and the only person he knows around here is his own confidant, Mira. But the young courtesan finds that for some reason, this shift goes by fairly smooth. Something that surprises him even more is the way customers look at him and treat him; kind of like a muse, or maybe more like a God. Light touches and gentle treatment. Jeongguk is extremely surprised, but overall thankful for the mercy life has on him.

And just like Jeongguk always does, he goes to take a shower before Kim Jimin arrives. Excited for the man's arrival, almost giddy. Though he will not ever admit it.

"What brings you to Seoul? Is it because you got jealous of Seoul's most famous courtesan enjoying your spotlight?"

Kim Jimin.

Jeongguk turns his head just far enough to face the man who just entered the bathroom. Ethereal as always. "Take a guess." He proposes, and then turns back to rinse off the remainder of the soap before turning off the water. "Could you hand me the towel?"

Kim Jimin chuckles, obviously feeling very amused by something. He grabs the towel and goes to hand it to Jeongguk, yet decides against it in the end. "Why don't you allow me to dry you?"

Jeongguk raises an eyebrow in surprise. "This..."

"Come on out, let me dry you off before you get a cold!" Kim Jimin leaves no space for Jeongguk to react and is already drying the younger's back gently before Jeongguk can even do as much as move a foot. "Then, I will need to trouble you."