Chapter 10: Jeongguk Makes Two Decisions

"Guilty!"

Just one word. But the one word was heard loud and clear inside the courtroom, and all people watching the lawsuit of the century from their own couch could also hear the one word very well.

The day of Kim Namjoon's lawsuit.

The lawsuit that had gained popularity from the moment Kim Namjoon was arrested by the emperor himself in the presence of the Minister of Education.

By now the entire world knows who Kim Namjoon really is; a leader. Not just any leader, no. Kim Namjoon is one of the three leaders of the so-called "Rebellion"; a movement that once upon a time fought for change, for equality.

If the entire world now knows, how could Jeongguk possibly not by now? Maybe if he were still in Busan and going about his days isolating himself inside his room and sneaking out three nights per week to fulfil his duties as Crimson Heaven's most popular courtesan, there might have been a slight chance he would never find out. Living his life two-faced, not in the possession of a smartphone. Both Seokjin and Yoongi would have made sure he never came to know the truth.

But things are different now.

Jeongguk is not in Busan. And he does own a smartphone. Seoul is a bustling city, very lively. Gossip is the air people breathe and social media loves the attention. Seoul is definitely very different from Busan, Jeongguk has pretty much found out by now. But what will that fact do about the current situation?

It was Noh Chaeri, one of Jeongguk's new friends and definitely the most energetic and gossipy one of them four, who told him about it.

"Jeonggukkie, have you heard about that Kim Namjoon yet? I heard he's awaiting lawsuit right now. News has it he is one of the leaders of a movement from many years ago! A forbidden one to even mention!"

She failed to notice how Jeongguk's eyes widened in shock or how his breath hitched. His face had paled, too. "For real?" Jeongguk had found himself asking. He never knew anything about such movement, and yet could he not help but believe Chaeri's words. "What kind of movement?"

"One that fought for equality! My family disowned my grandfather back in the day for being his follower. But I visit grandpa in secret, he likes to show me old photos and tell me stories."

"What... what kinda stories?"

"About Kim Namjoon, of course! And his two best friends. My grandpa said the three of them were very young when they founded the Rebellion. They might have succeeded wasn't it for Kim Namjoon's only son to be kidnapped. No one knows if the child was ever found, though."

Jeongguk did not really want to believe her. But Chaeri was just too convincing, and the photo she had shown him of the Rebellions all together was definitely very real. At that moment Jeongguk had just nodded and smiled at her. "Cool." He said, and afterwards went back to the hotel to process what he had just learned.

Then on Sunday evening after the clock reached seven Jeongguk received a call from Ji Dongwoo, who let him know he was not to go to the lawsuit on his own. Jeongguk had felt quite agitated. "What are you even saying? Why can I not go alone? Am I a kid or what?"

"His majesty's orders."

"Good for him, then. Last time I checked I'm not one of his working slaves."