6.

The next morning I decide to leave the kids sleep in seeing as it was Saturday, so I get up and have a chill morning. I text Alex and sort everything out for tonight. She insists that she want to look after them here and she doesn't mind staying the night so that's what we settle on. When the kids do get up I tell them that Alex will be having a sleepover with them tonight and they are very excited so I decide I'm going to take them to the shop to get them some treats for the evening.

Once we're all dressed we get in the car and make the 5 minute trip to Tesco. When we get there we get out of the car and walk in.

"Ok what do you want for dinner" I ask them

"Chocolate" they both shout and I giggle

"You can have chocolate after but we have to get some proper food for you to eat first" I tell them and they agree that they want pasta and chicken so we go and get that first. Just as I turn around after putting them into the basket I see Nelly running away down the shop isle towards someone.

"Nelly, get back here" I shout at her but she just keeps running.

"Nelly" I shout again as I grab Arthur's hand and speed walk after her as I see her wrap her arms around the back of someone's waist, which clearly catches them off guard. It's only when they turn around that I realise who it is, Leah, so I slow down a bit. When Leah realised who it is she crouches down and hugs Nelly back. When we get there I give Nelly a stern look.

"Nelly you can't run away like that" I say to her

"It's ok mummy I was just running to Leah" she says looking up at Leah. I look at her as well and we smile at each other.

"Hi" she mouths at me and I do the same back.
She crouches down next to Nelly again and says

"Nelly I know you know who I am but I think you should listen to you mum, maybe next time you should asks her before you just run off like that ok" she says sweetly to her.

"Ok" Nelly nods at her and Leah stands up again.

"Oh Leah, this is my brother Arthur" Nelly says in her usual sassy tone pointing at her brother and me and Leah both laugh.

"Hello Arthur, how are you" Leah says sweetly.
Arthur goes all shy and cuddles into my side before replying to her.

"Good" he says quietly and she smiles at him.

"Mummy brought us here to get chocolate because aunty Alex is having a sleepover tonight" Nelly says sassily informing Leah of her evening plans

"Well, aren't you lucky to have such a good mum" Leah says to Nelly while smirking at me and I can feel the blush creeping up my cheeks.

"Mhm" Nelly nods proudly and we all smile

"We better get going, I've got to get them showered and everything before Alex calls" I say to Leah

"Yeah, I'll see you later I guess" she says smiling

"Yeah, see you later" I say smiling as I go to walk away but I hear her call me

"Oh Abi, I'm not drinking tonight so I can pick you up if you like, then you can have a drink and I can take you home"

"I don't mind, you don't have to if it's too much hassle" I say not wanting her to feel like she has to

"Not at all, just send me your address and I'll pick you up at 7" she says

"Sounds perfect, see you then"

"See you later" she says and we smile at each other before going our separate ways. I finish getting what we need to get and we head home again. I make the kids their dinner and then get them showered and into some comfy clothes before Alex arrives. She told me she would come earlier to watch the kids so I could relax while getting ready and not have to worry about them. When I finish washing up the dinner ware I send Leah my address so she can pick me up later and then I hear Alex nock at the door so I let her in.

"Hello" she says smirking at as she walks in

"What" I ask defensively

"Are you all prepared" she asks

"Yeah I have everything sorted, I just need to get in the shower and then do my hair and makeup" I say a bit hesitant

"Why do you seem so unsure" she questions

"Because I'm absolutely bricking it" I say and we both chuckle

"Right just stop thinking about and go get ready ok" she says basically pushing me towards the stairs. I go up and get in the shower quickly and when I'm out I dry and straighten my hair and I decide to put it in a high ponytail. Then I decide to do my makeup, I don't want to wear too much so I do a natural look but still a bit glamorous. Then I get dressed. I'm wearing some navy denim jeans with a navy and white pattern top and some navy heels.

 I'm wearing some navy denim jeans with a navy and white pattern top and some navy heels

Once I'm finished getting ready I go downstairs to wait for Leah to get here. I walk into the living room and see Alex, Arthur and Nelly sitting on the couch watching a movie. When Alex hears me walk in she looks in my direction with wide eyes.

"Do I look ok" I ask insecurely

"You look amazing" she says getting up and we both walk into the kitchen

"Ugh, I'm so nervous" I say as I sigh

"For what" Alex asks laughing at me

"I don't know" I say smiling

She walks over and puts both her hands on my shoulders "right you need to relax, you simply just going for some food and a few drinks, your getting worked up for nothing" she says trying to calm me down a bit. I look up at her and nod. She steps back and just then I hear a nock at the door.

"Here we go I guess" I say sarcastically walking to the hall and Alex laughs. I open the door to a very smiley blue eyed, blonde.

"Hi" she say

"Hi" I say smiling

"You look amazing" she says awkwardly shoving her hands into her pockets and looking me up and down

"Thanks, you too" I say referring to her outfit which consists of an oversized white t-shirt, black jeans and black and white dunks.

"Come in" I say opening the door wider so she can walk in and I close it behind her and we walk into the kitchen.

"Hello mate" Leah says to Alex as they hug

"How are you" Alex asks her

"All good mate" she says smiling

"Right I'm just going to say bye to the kids and then we can go whenever your ready" I say smiling at her and she nods. I walk into the sitting room and see Arthur and Nelly still on the sofa engrossed in the film their watching which is why they haven't rushed to the kitchen to see who is here yet. I walk over and kiss them both on the cheek.

"Mummy's going now ok, I'll see you later and be good for aunty Alex"

"Ok, bye mummy" they say and I walk back out to the kitchen

"Ready" Leah asks with her eyebrows raised

"Yeah" I say as I walk over and hug Alex

"Have a good night yous two" she says and cheekily winks and me.

The three of us walk to the door and Alex waves us off as we walk to Leah's car .......