Opportunities

TW: Swearing

Opportunities are ones you chase and hope to catch, for your goals can't always be reached without the right opportunities.

Tommy was waiting for his opportunity, to rest his suffering soul from searching years and years for the right time and place.

To some people, opportunities may only be caught after a long while in suffering.

To others, opportunities are matters they take in their own hands. They had to make it come true.

Where was Tommy in that line? it was somewhere in the middle, the line between waiting and making was very thin in the teen's perspective.

He's been waiting for years, planning for years to make that opportunity a reality.

Now he finds the MCC writing competition was back up and he found his opportunity.

"Hey Toms!" Tommy snapped out of his thoughts, his mind though still wandered around about the MCC writing contest. "Ello' Big D" The teen grinned at the nickname he called the other, knowing full well that the other hated the nickname "Tommy! I told you not to call me that!" They both laughed and took a seat while waiting for Sam's announcement.

Tommy guessed it was about MCC.

Others followed suite and waited patiently for everyone to settle down. Sam looked over the small-ish crowd forming and spoke. "So, as you all may have found out, the Minecraft Championship Writing Competition started back up after years of hiatus. I'm here to announce what MCC is, what changed about it, and what the rules are; as well as guide those who wish to join the contest"

Everyone whispered around excitedly meanwhile Tommy, as quiet as ever, considered his choices and thought about the decision.

Knowing Sam wasn't done, everyone slowly stopped the forming conversations and listened attentively.

"The MCC is a set of Competitions for a set of different skills, talents, or hobbies that call for the best of the best. To play in MCC, you first have to qualify for a specific competition they hold; for example, we have the Writing Competition, There's also a Fencing Contest if you want and others alike. If you qualify for the contest and pass the first challenge then you move on. Then another round, then one last round.

You're now officially an MCC Competition Winner." Everyone whispered in excitement, they all hoped they were the winner.

Tommy kept silent still, he knew Sam wasn't finished and he didn't want to be impulsive about his decisions.

"As all MCC's you can only be crowned king, or queen, or ruler, whatever title you want if you've exceeded significant talents and caught the judges eyes. I will be one of the judges who will judge your ability in literature; that saying you want to join the Writing Competition, for a heads up" Sam finished with a smile, Puffy stood beside Sam in anticipation with a grin forming on her face.

"That's all about mcc, signup sheets will be given shortly, I hope all will be well and some people decide to show their true colors through their talents" Sam finished and everyone started back up their conversations.

It was an exciting day for everyone, not just the literary circle apparently. Tommy had heard everyone in the school talking about it, making bets on who's joining and plans to join themselves.

A question was in the back of Tommy's mind, should he join mcc?

"Toms, you good?" The blond snapped out of his thoughts, looking to meet Dream's eyes

"I'm fine, just zoned out for a bit" he ignored the worried look the older had and dodged an incoming question "are you gonna sign up for mcc?"

"Probably, what about you? And don't tell me your not going to join, you'd dominate the writing competition" The teen didn't know how to answer that question, Tommy was only glad Dream took the change of topic. "I don't know... I would love to, but not without a hidden identity like Lady Death"

He'd take that opportunity.

As much as it scares him to do so.

"Now that's the Tommy Craft I know! Not backing out of the opportunity. Let's go sign up, I heard Karl's joining too" Dream grinned at the young blond and the two signed up for MCC.

Though Dream didn't sign up for the Writing Contest, instead joining the Fencing competition because of course Dream would do that, Tommy was happy they both are taking their opportunities.

Now, what will Tommy do for his costume and identity?