The End of Athenian rule in the Western and Eastern Continents

Please hit the star on the right hand corner of your screen.

The Medieval Period was an era characterized by rich historical significance. After the fall of the mighty Athenian Empire of Antiquity, a dark time of economic, political, and social decline emerged in the following centuries. The Athenians were a highly knowledgeable civilization that took great pleasure in their mastery over the world, which they achieved through their expertise in trade and the glory of their military achievements. After constructing trading outposts in distant lands, they would often establish client kingdoms. In addition, they have compelled smaller kingdoms to submit through sheer military might, imposing their dominion forcefully. The Athenian Army was made up of a brave band of sword-wielding infantry called the Hoplites, who possessed shields made of solid gold, adding to their remarkable prowess. During times of war, they were known for their savage conduct, but they were equally admired for their benevolence during times of peace. Beggars were given a humble ten percent of the Hoplites' income, meant to provide them with adequate shelter and ensure they could have their next meal. Furthermore, the Athenian society was renowned for its egalitarian nature, treating nobles and urban elite individuals with the same level of respect as the working-class and low-income individuals. Throughout the centuries, the Athenian Empire prospered in all spheres. At its height, the Athenian Empire had dominion over the two former rival continents of Ishtar and Alakitasia. As a token of appreciation for their unswerving loyalty, the Athenian Emperor graciously bestowed upon his faithful vassals the precious gift of self-rule, allowing them the liberty to govern their kingdoms in their own manner. However, this freedom was not without limitations. The Athenian Empire expected its vassals to adhere to Athenian law and customs, and any disobedience was met with swift retribution. The Athenian Empire was able to remain prosperous and successful due to its strict enforcement of law and custom. Religion on both continents was closely regulated by the Athenian authorities. Everyone was required to worship the Olympian deities and to celebrate their holidays. For example, the Olympic Games were held to celebrate Zeus, King of the Olympians and God of Thunder. The Olympic Games were open to citizens of the Athenian Empire and included a variety of sporting events. Winners of the events were given prizes and honors, while losers were punished with the death penalty or public humiliation. The Olympic Games were a significant event in the lives of the Athenian people. Thus, mixed feelings were prevalent in Ishtarian and Alakitasian society towards Athenian dominance on both continents. Some wanted to remain subservient to Athens, while the rest wanted independence. These two opposing schools of thought morphed into political parties called the pro-Athenian Loyalist Party and the nationalist Independence Party. They won their first seats in the Athenian Parliament and competed for the Athenian Prime Minister's attention. The pro-Athenian Loyalist Party was favored by the wealthy elite, while the Independence Party was favored by the working class. After centuries of intense political battles and passionate debates, the Athenian Prime Minister has finally made a momentous decision. Reluctantly, they have chosen to grant Ishtar and Alakitasia full independence. This imperative measure aims to prevent their fervent arguments from escalating into a dangerous civil strife. Athens, while undeniably a powerful civilization, was not unchallenged in its might. To the south, in a distant kingdom known as Greece, existed a formidable rival.

Along the eastern coast of the Peloponnese Islands, there emerged a kingdom powerful enough to rival the might of Athens on the mainland. The Kingdom of Sparta reigned supreme in the medieval era, exerting its power over territories that Athens either struggled to conquer or deliberately avoided. Sparta possessed unparalleled strength and military prowess that only the Athenians could rival. They were renowned for the sheer ferocity of their mighty warriors. Sparta was also known for their strict military discipline and their focus on physical training and strength. Hence, Sparta was a formidable force in the medieval world. The powerful kingdom of Sparta maintained absolute control over the northern continent of Giltena, where the kingdoms were effectively governed under the direct rule of the co-kings of Sparta. Thus, for decades, Sparta and Athens have been embroiled in a tense Cold War. Their relentless pursuit of conquest, whether through trade or armed might, had consumed them to the extent that an imminent threat from the north, beyond the imposing Thessalian mountains in mainland Greece, went completely unnoticed. Ruling over the Macedonian Kingdom was the mighty King Philip V, who proved himself to be a formidable leader. With his incredible military skills, he successfully defeated the Indo-European Illyrian, Thracian, Gothic, Sarmatian, and Dalmatian tribes that resided in the western border regions known as Illyria. Having secured his western rear, he now directed his complete focus towards the south. Given the excessive preoccupation of the Greek kingdoms with the rivalry for power and dominance between Athens and Sparta, it became apparent that the opportune moment had arrived to initiate an invasion.