The Fall of the Alvarez Empire

Previously...

The continent of Ishtar had fallen under the control of the Troublesome Twelve. Their power extended far and wide, causing chaos and unrest among the once peaceful lands. The first victim of their domination was the city of Fiore, which fell into the tight grip of Spriggan III's influence. This oppressive ruler wasted no time in expanding his control, setting his sights on the Holy Roman Empire of Seven.

The fall of Crocus, the capital of Fiore, marked the beginning of Spriggan III's conquest. As the city was overrun, its once mighty and beloved King Nero met his untimely demise. With his grip over Fiore firmly established, Spriggan III's ambitions only grew stronger. Dissatisfied with controlling just one country, he sought to expand his dominion and ordered his trusted General LeClerc to gather his men for an invasion of the Holy Roman Empire of Seven.

The Holy Roman Empire of Seven, known for its rich history and formidable military, would prove to be a challenging conquest for Spriggan III. However, his thirst for power and control knew no bounds. With General LeClerc leading the charge, the forces of Spriggan III prepared for the invasion, ready to unleash chaos and destruction upon the empire.

The people of Ishtar trembled in fear as they witnessed the Troublesome Twelve's relentless march across the continent. The once peaceful lands were now plunged into darkness, overshadowed by the tyranny of Spriggan III and his thirst for conquest. The Holy Roman Empire of Seven now stood as the next target in their path, its fate hanging in the balance as the forces of evil prepared to strike.

The army of LeClerc's ten million horsemen galloped down the path into the Severenth countryside, burning and pillaging small villages and towns along the way.In the course of following their comrades north, his comrades' armies of twenty million infantrymen slaughtered innocent civilians indiscriminately. Eventually, the capital city of Rosalba was in sight from atop a hill overlooking it. The Troublesome Twelve all stopped to rest for a bit, until they decided to lay siege to the city. They surrounded the city walls in the cover of darkness that night and managed to break their way inside, killing any sentries they encountered. As the sunrose the next morning, Rosalba awoke to find itself under attack. Everyone fled to an impenetrable citadel surrounding the castle. But it was futile. Eventually, the citadel was breached and the Troublesome Twelve hacked and raided their way inside the city's inner walls to the castle. Holy Roman Emperor Charles the Simple aka Charles II, was holed away in the throne room with his family and bodyguards. They stood guard in a shield wall formation to protect the Royal Family at all costs. Eventually the Twelve kicked the doors open and a brutal melee ensued between them and the Royal Bodyguards. Unfortunately, it was futile because the Twelve were way too powerful. They killed all of Charles' bodyguards without mercy and then turned to him. Charles fought valiantly with his God-Slaying Magic, but it was for naught. He was stabbed from the rear by LeClerc himself with a special sword. It was said to be a demonic sword that Spriggan forged when he founded the Alvarez Empire seven thousand years ago. One stab turned the victim into a bloodthirsty demon. Holy Roman Emperor Charles the Simple was no exception. He turned into a demon but was slaughtered by LeClerc's aide de camp. As for the Empress and their heir, they were enslaved to work for a nobleman in Alvarez. They boarded an airship and left Seven for good. After the death of the Holy Roman Emperor Charles the Simple and the fall of the city of Rosalba, the widowed Empress and her son were not allowed to return home. Instead, they were forced to serve the Imperial State in Alvarez, never to be allowed to return home. The Empress was enslaved to work for a nobleman in Alvarez and her son was taken away to be trained in the ways of warfare. The two of them were never able to return home and were forced to serve the Imperial State for the rest of their lives. Meanwhile, Seven was forcibly annexed as a part of the Alvarez Empire. Iceberg and Joya posted thirty million of their three hundred billion strong armies on their borders, but it was futile. The border garisson was slaughtered indiscriminately and the Twelve marched all the way to Alosi Town without resistance. After the Icebergian capital fell, Joya, Stella, Minstrel, Veronica, Isvan, Dragnof, Midi, Sin, Enca, Embrant, Napedia, Bellum, Desierto, and the Achaemenid Empire followed suit. The Achaemenid Empire was the most powerful of all the nations at the time and their vast military power was unmatched. Spriggan was well aware that the Empire was under the leadership of Cyrus the Great, one of the most powerful and influential leaders of all time. Although he was approaching retirement, he was still well respected and his military remained powerful and well trained. It took Spriggan immense effort and resources to finally subjugate the Achaemenid Empire and add it to the Alvarez Empire, making it one of the toughest nations to conquer. Stories of his conquests spread all over the globe so he first used diplomacy to bring Cyrus to his side. When that failed because he saw through Spriggan's false lies, the Troublesome Twelve were given the green light to cross the border from Bellum. Their campaign of ransacking was ten time more brutal in Pergrande than anywhere else in the continent, so Cyrus was able to assmble a powerful army to guard the walls of Hercules, capital of the Achaemenid Empire. Eventually, a battle broke out for control of the capital. It turned into a one-sided manslaughter when a soldier assassinated Cyrus the Great by stabbing his javelin in the elderly Shah's eye. The Shah later died of his wounds while in captivity and the Achemenids surrendered to Spriggan's control. Thus, Spriggan III was declared the new emperor of Ishtar.