Ishtar Háborúban Episode 1

Long ago in Earthland, there were three continents who lived in peace and harmony with each other. They were the continents of Ishtar in the East, Alakitasia in the West, and Giltena in the North. Everywhere you'd go, there was magic in the air. People who used it to survive co-existed with mages, or people who used it as a skill for labor. Mages unified into permanent organizations of all shapes and sizes called Guilds, like Phantom Lord for instance. Unfortunately, there were those who used it for evil instead of good. The Magic Council, a governing body that oversees the practice of magic throughout Earthland, has labeled individuals with such abilities as dark mages. Like guilds, the three continents varied in size and political culture. Alakitasia in the West was militaristic while its rival in the opposite side of the globe, Ishtar, was peaceful. Giltena was as peaceful as Ishtar, but our main focus lies on the Western and Eastern continents. This is because the countries in the northern continent preferred to keep to themselves. 

Ishtar consisted of a diverse collection of kingdoms, each with its own unique shape, size, and political culture, similar to the three continents.There were two prominent kingdoms on opposite sides of the continent. Situated in the far west, the Kingdom of Fiore truly shone as a beacon of tranquility amidst the bustling nations of Ishtar. In stark contrast, the Pergrande Kingdom, situated in the far eastern corner, was notorious for its bellicose nature.

Alakitasia, on the other hand, was made up of a single large and powerful nation known as the Alvarez Empire. As you might expect, that part of Earthland was ruled by an Emperor named Emperor Spriggan. Ishtarians, on the other hand, knew him as Arthur "Zeref" Dragneel, the most atrocious Black Wizard of all time. 350 years ago, Alvarez and Fiore were close political allies until one fateful day, when everything changed for the worse. On a political visit to Fiore, Emperor Spriggan arrived at Mercurius Palace, the home of the kingdom's royal family. At the throne room, they had a row over tribute payments which the Emperor demanded. The King, during that period, declined to make the payment, perceiving it as a threat to his nation's economic sovereignty. The altercation intensified until Emperor Spriggan angrily returned to his ship, headed for his opulent palace in Vistarion, Alvarez. He cautioned that if Fiore failed to fulfill their obligations in exchange for the alliance forged with Alvarez, they would face a devastating destiny. It has been three months since the King of Fiore last had a conversation with the Emperor. However, in the bustling port city of Ba Sing Se, a guard was startled by the distant roar of approaching airships headed toward their country. He ran to his army barracks to warn his military superiors, but he was too late. Fiore faced a dire threat as an overwhelming force of two hundred and seventy thousand Alvarez infantrymen descended upon it. Twelve agents of the Imperial Secret Police led these incredibly powerful soldiers, capable of single-handedly dismantling an entire nation at their will. They were notoriously known for their brutality and undying loyalty only to the Emperor, who called them "The Spriggan Twelve".  (Watch the anime TV show for more info).

That was the day in which would live on in infamy as the day when the Alvarez Empire attacked. After enduring a relentless hour of fierce conflict, the brave local garrison, along with the Twelve and their formidable army of two hundred and fifty thousand soldiers, continued their relentless march, pushing further into the heartland towards Era Town. For almost a millennium, this remarkable city has stood as the illustrious capital of the prestigious Fiorean branch of the Magic Council — ever since the inception of the world's oldest guild in Ishtar, nearly 970 years ago. Following a relentless month-long siege, the entire contingent of guards tasked with protecting the building was ruthlessly slain. Tragically, this horrific act of violence resulted in the deaths of all the Councilmen, with one fortunate exception. The Chairman, however, miraculously escaped death but was unfortunately captured in a grave state of peril. His name was Peter Haddock.