𝐓𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER TEN | WILD AT HEART

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

DESPITE SEEMING DETERMINED WITH NOT COMPLETING HER TRANSITION, CAMI FED. The O'Connell woman completed her transition by drinking Vincents blood and Klaus was thrilled. As soon as he learned that she was a vampire, he instructed Riley to make her a daylight ring but as soon as Cami was given the ability to walk in the sun, she disappeared.

"Where the bloody hell is she?" The Hybrid irritably grumbled as he sauntered into the study, where Elijah and Riley already were.

"I assume we are talking about Camille. Just refresh my memory, Niklaus, was I the only who impulsively handed her a daylight ring?" Elijah glanced up toward his brother. "Oh, no. That's right. It was you." 

"If we're being technical, it was actually me." The Evans girl awkwardly cleared her throat as Elijah sighed. "In my defence, I figured she'd be fine, but—"

Klaus rolled his eyes. "—She left, didn't she?"

"Shocking turn of events, yes. So, why don't you go and find her? I shall deal with the growing nightmare of our family's potential extinction."

"Yes, always the diligent defender, despite the fact the threat has somewhat subsided. What with Tristan De Martel now literally sleeping with the fishes." Klaus grinned between the two immortals.

"That doesn't take away from the fact that something out there is capable of killing you and you know, for selfish reasons, I prefer you guys alive." Riley hummed as she slipped her arms around Elijah's middle. "Especially you."

"I'd love to help, however I got Camille into this mess."

"She left around sunrise." Hayley's voice echoed as she stepped into the study with Hope rested against her hip. "My guess is that she needed some air. I couldn't sleep. I saw her leave from my balcony. So, um, I was wondering if maybe it was okay if Hope and I stay here for a few days?"

Riley couldn't help but feel sympathetic toward the Hybrid's situation. She had her husband ripped away from her all because of this war with the Strix. 

"Of course you may." Elijah smiled sweetly just as his phone began to vibrate. "Forgive me." He disappeared into the hall to take the phone call.

"Hayley, this family comes with many, many hardships, but there is at least one benefit— you will always have a home here." Klaus shot the mother of his child a sympathetic gaze and then looked back to Riley. "Care to perform a locator spell on our runaway vampire?"

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Riley had located Cami at Rousseau's and instead of leaving Klaus to deal with it alone, Riley was desperate to help. She felt partly responsible for letting Cami have a daylight ring so easily, and she also knew what the woman was going through.