𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

CHAPTER FIVE | I HEAR YOU KNOCKING

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

SINCE THE THREAT TO HOPE AND AVERY HAD PASSED, THEY DECIDED THEY WOULD LET THE GIRLS VISIT MARY BEFORE THEY LEFT NEW ORLEANS. Hayley walked a few paces ahead, watching as the two little witches giggled and through the forest whilst Elijah and Riley walked hand-in-hand behind. Nothing made Riley happier than seeing Avery happy, despite everything that she had been through. 

"She looks happy." Riley exhaled with a small smile and a sigh of relief as she watched Elijah drape his suit jacket over his shoulder. 

"She deserves to be happy." Elijah reminded her. He lifted her hand up, noticing her engagement ring as he smiled. "And, so we shall. You, me, and Avery."

"I never really got the chance to say thank you. You could've just told me to abandon her, but you didn't." The strawberry-blonde kept her gaze firmly on the little girl she loved like a daughter. "I love her so much, Elijah. And, if I'm really honest with myself, If something happens to her, I think it might kill me."

"Hey." Elijah grabbed her by the hand and pulled her back to face him. His hand lifted her chin slightly, forcing her to look in his eyes. "Nothing will happen to that little girl. I give you my word."

"Grandma Mary!" Hope's excited voice echoed as Mary ventured out of of her cabin to see the two children standing on her front porch.

"Well, hello my sweethearts!" Mary pulled Hope and Avery into her embrace, letting the two children wrap their arms around her. Though, her attention was taken by Elijah, who stood beside Riley. "Why don't you two run on inside. I need to talk to your Mommies."

"Race ya!" Avery squealed aloud the moment Mary stepped aside and the two headed into the cabin. 

"Didn't know you were bringing him." Mary's demeanour shifted into a hostile one the moment Hope and Avery were out of earshot. 

Hayley exhaled. "Mary, come on."

"Vampires aren't welcome." She snapped, then her gaze flickered between Riley and Hayley. "You two are the exception. Rules of the house." 

"I'll leave you three." Elijah gave Riley a pointed look as he placed a delicate kiss against her forehead before he left Hayley and Riley alone with Mary.

Hayley scoffed quietly once the Original was gone. "Seriously?"

"You girls know how I feel. Our kind winds up dead when they're around. Yesterday was lost Lara, I wake up to hear there's been some kind of a cult massacre in the woods." Mary watched their faces fall at the mention of yesterday's events. "Let me guess, Mikaelsons are involved."

"Actually, that's kind of why we're here. We need to chat about what actually caused the massacre last night."

 ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───