Chapter Three

~

Recap; 

I saw out of the corner of my eyes, he wore a black suit and sat behind a large wooden desk.

"I slept past my alarm, and then I couldn't figure out how to write the column-" I stop mid-sentence, placing my things on my desk adjacent to my boss, yes assistants get desks and raise my eyes.

"Trainwreck." He gasps out, his deep voice echoing through my body, my heart instantly reacting to it, but my eyes and mind took a split moment to register who sat with his hands folded on top of his desk, the top of his knuckles turned white, his light green eyes piercing into my own.

"Holten." I breathe.

~

{Authors Note}

Short Chapter!

Chapter Three

"What are you doing here?" I ask. 

"I own this building?" Holten says, yet his voice turns up in question. 

"It sounds more like you don't know yourself." I say. 

I knew it was bad luck to bad-talk the boss. 

But, I couldn't help it. The way my body was calling out to his, yearning for his touch. It was suddenly really warm and stuffy. 

Holtens eyes were dark and closed, it no longer held the warmth I last saw and instead, they were a shell of what they once were. They were bright and alive, and they are now clouded, being haunted by ghosts, dark circles stuck out prominently on his face. 

"Is it now?" Holten asks, sitting up straight, one of his eyebrows shoot up and the corner of his mouth twitches a couple of times.

"Yes. So, which is it, Holten? Do you own this building, or do you own this building?" I ask, my chin jutting out. 

My voice came out as a dare, it was dangerous. 

The game I was playing, it was very dangerous. The way his eyes held me captive standing beside my new desk, had my skin coming alive with every nerve tingling all at once, our eyes locked in a heated stare. 

Holten suddenly stands up, his eyes a darker shade than normal, wilder than normal. Something has changed. Or rather, he has changed. 

He walks forwards, his eyes even darker. 

That's when fear gripped me, he has changed. There was no warmth in his eyes, therefore I had no idea what he was about to do. 

I knew I left and hurt him, I knew when I had chosen to turn and run from the treehouse, I had severed the connection, I chose to annihilate anything between us, but the way he was looking at me was almost like he wanted to murder me. 

"I-I can leave, if you want me to leave." I say.

Holten says nothing, he says nothing but continues walking forwards with a murderous expression on his face. 

I turn to walk out of the room, my hand outstretched to the door, ready to wrap around the doorknob when I am grabbed around the shoulders and whirled around.

"Where are you going?" He asks his deep voice melting my already weakening heart.

It pounds relentlessly in my chest, my legs shaking with the effort to keep myself standing, my arms stay idle at my sides, but I fight to keep them there, the urge to throw my arms around his neck and give in to the desire swirling around me was hard to ignore.

"I-I thought you wanted me to lea-"

"No, Trainwreck. I don't want you to leave. I want you to stay in my arms, where you should never have been away from, to begin with." He whispers into the little gap of air separating our mouths, our bodies.

I can't stop myself from doing the thing I do next.

I step up on my tiptoes, pressing my shaking and unsure lips to his soft ones that seemed very sure of what they wanted. His arms wind around my back and he presses me to him, his mouth completely capturing mine in his, and holding me captive in his arms.

Not like I could slink away from them even if I wanted to, I seemed rooted in the very spot I was standing on, not able to lean or turn without being connected to him in some way.

My heart pounds faster in my chest and explodes as he takes one hand from around my waist to cup one side of my face lightly in his hand.

How I had missed being in his arms, how had I missed hearing his voice, looking into his light green eyes. How many nights have I laid awake missing him and the feelings he gave me.

Now he was here...

As my boss and I'm his hired personal assistant.

We break apart, our breaths mingling into the air. 

"Hello, Ms Jocelynna, I am your new boss; Mr. Harrison, it's very nice to meet you."