Chapter Twenty-One

~

Recap; 

My eyes widen fractions as I notice Holten was that very man standing before Scarlett, her bright blue eyes stared up at Holten, shining with an unknown emotion.

I couldn't decipher from this distance, but I did catch the way Scarlett's hand reached up to wrap around Holten's waist and settle around his hips, gripping his side almost possessively.

Who in the hell is this? 

~

Chapter Twenty-One 

Holten doesn't pull away from Scarlett and he doesn't push her away from him, instead, he leans forward, wraps an arm around her, and pulls her to his side, posing for the cameras. 

I walk through the crowd and around to where I could see both Holten and Scarlett's expressions a little bit better and my gut twists as I notice Scarlett lean over and place her lips against Holtens cheek. 

Okay, this is where I draw the line. 

I start to push past through the crowd when all of a sudden someone screams both of their names, causing them to briefly pull apart and face the crowd smiling. 

Holten then turned his face slowly towards Scarlett, love, and desire clouding his eyes, his face melted in awe as he bends forward and this time initiates a kiss on her cheek, completely taken away by the crowd, the cameras, and this woman. 

This unknown woman is an ex-fighter, an old champion. And obviously, she knows Holten.

My eyes widen and my lips tumble open as a gasp flies out, please don't tell me this is his ex. ' I think to myself and observe the lovesick pair as they were enthralled in each other's arms, I think I might be sick.

I walk forward and break through the crowd of people still screaming, yelling out words and phrases, and flashing cameras to walk right up to the couple. 

"Scarlett Jones?" I ask, completely ignoring Holten's presence, and watch with shock as Holten has the audacity to whirl to the side, facing me in surprise. 

"Yes, are you a fan?" She asks. 

I couldn't even be rude to her, the tone of voice and the sincerity swimming in her eyes melted away my immediate bitchiness and I found myself smiling. 

"No, I am actually hoping to try y first match." I say. 

Scarletts lips tumble open in a large smile, "Oh that's amazing! I remember my first show, Holten here was my trainer and we had fallen in love quickly." She says, leaning into Holten, their arms still wrapped around each other. 

"Wait, are you two still togeth-" 

"No." Holten says quickly. 

"Yes." Scarlett says, but turned her head to the side and gives Holten a look, "Or we were, I moved away a year ago to progress my acting career with a man who I met that had set me up with the producer. All up to that point Holten and I were in love and together, but I ended it mere months after I moved." Scarlett replies. 

My heart thuds in my chest and my palms became sweaty as they started to shake. 

Marley wasn't the one who got away. 

Scarlett Jones is. 

She moved away and broke it off. Granted she cheated on Holten, but she was still the one to break it off. No matter how hurt Holten was and how much he said he got over it, doubt started to creep into my mind, if he wasn't the one who had officially ended it after she moved away, which Holten's exact words were 'ran away'.