Chapter Seventeen

~

Recap; 

The torment that my heart and body were going through, the constant pull and shove to make my body do what my mind wanted, now. I was mentally exhausted and no longer wanted to fight against whatever was going on between me and these two men.

I wasn't trying to be the bad guy, I am trying to figure myself out.

But why do I feel like the bad guy as I grab Caiden to me and kiss away the quiet yelling of my body's desire?

It had been such a long time since I had been in Caidens arms, so why do I feel so tormented and confused still?

~

Chapter Seventeen 

"Wait, so you're whole family is-" 

"Yup, all doctors. I am not, nor have I ever taken one single course, but my older brother is a doctor and my mother, so is my father. Yeah, pretty much all my family. Except Helga and me." Caiden says. 

We sit on my couch, sipping our drinks. 

I had made a Martini in a large glass, so that way I wouldn't have to go into the kitchen every twenty minutes to remake the drink. 

"Why did Helga get into Fighting?" I ask, bringing the glass up to my lips and taking a large gulp, shivering down the contents as my stomach and insides move around. 

"She got bullied a lot, she grew up bigger than most kids, got bullied hard for it, and eventually she stumbled upon a few wrestling and boxing moves, and shows on the tv, and taught herself. I got into the wrong crowd, the jock type, and fighting became a regular thing for me." Caiden says, shrugging his shoulders, he picks up his head and his light blue eyes meet mine. 

"Of course you did." I say, rolling my eyes. 

'What does that mean?" Caiden asks out, feigning offense but his light blue eyes shined with genuine happiness and mischievousness. 

"You're a pretty boy." I say, lifting up my shoulders. 

"A pretty boy? Now, what on earth is your definition of a pretty boy?" Caiden asks scooting closer to me on the couch. 

"So, I just came up with this one day when I was younger, but blonde hair and blue-eyed men, they're the natural definition of a 'sexy man', I call them pretty boys, so since you're a blonde-haired blue-eyed man, you are a pretty boy." I say, laughing into my glass and the mouthful of my martini. 

"Don't you think you're just so funny." Caiden says, throwing out his hand and turning his voice sassy. 

My mouth opens and bursts of laughter come out of my lips, as I hold onto my stomach, "Yeah, please don't ever do that again." I say.

"As you wish." Caiden says, his breath fanning over my face and that's when I realize just how much space Caiden had eliminated while I was busy stuck in our banter.

"I like you Ravenlyn." Caiden says. 

"Would you have chose me.?" I ask. 

"Yes." There was so much sincerity and emotion thickly hanging around his voice that it almost had me throwing my arms around him once again, but I held strong. 

"Why didn't you?" I ask. 

"I needed to be married to her, for the actual contract to be fulfilled, the amount of money only one half, however, fucked up it is, the government wants me to be legally bound to someone as if that will help keep me out of trouble." Caiden bites out, not at me but in general as he faces towards the front and takes a sip of his drink.