~ 1. 03 ~

The empty look in his eyes, his unkempt appearance, and standing on the edge

It was all too familiar to me.

"Yours?" She asked the boy while peeling off the gum.

I began to put my guitar back in the case while listening to their conversation, well you can't really call it a conversation. The only thing he had said the entire time was no. I put the case on my back before walking over to them just in time to hear Eun-yu say.

"I thought handsome guys weren't loners. But maybe you're just an asshole." She chuckled in the end before putting a cigarette in her mouth.

"Eun-yu!" I hissed to her from below her feet.

I looked back at the boy to see his reaction, but he still had the same emotionless look on his face. Eun-yu spoke up again when he began to walk to the stairs.

"Don't die here." Again I looked back up at her with a scolding look on my face, but she just ignored it talking again.

"You'll just end up causing trouble for everyone else who lives here. Jump off somewhere else." It didn't seem to affect the boy cause he just walked away down the stairs.

"Eun-yu! What's wrong with you!" I snapped at her looking up at her from in front of the door where she was sitting.

She inhaled before speaking blowing the smoke out.

"I'm not wrong! These people here are already miserable enough that we don't need a dead body on top of that or on the ground seeing he was probably going to jump off."

I let out a frustrating groan shaking my head at her.

"That doesn't give you permission to be an bitch to him!" She stared down at me with an unbothered look on her face while blowing smoke out of her mouth.

"Sometimes you go too far," I mutter before running down the stairs hoping I could catch the boy before he was gone.

I thought it would be easy to catch up with him, but when I came to the bottom of the stairs he wasn't there. Quickly I ran further down the hall hoping to see him around the corner. I came to a halt when I ran around the corner only to see him walking down the hallway.

"Hey! You!" I shouted hoping to get his attention and to my luck, he came to a stop turning around.

Quickly I jogged over to him letting out a deep breath.

"Hey, I just wanted to say sorry for my friend. She can be a bitch, so don't take it too personally." I admitted hoping he would understand.

For a few seconds, he looked at me before quietly saying.

"It's okay."

Without saying another word he began to walk further again leaving me perplexed behind. Blinking a few times to process his dry answer I shook my head before walking behind him in a quick pass.