~ 5. 03 ~

We had already encountered a few monsters, which resulted in some minor injuries

We had already encountered a few monsters, which resulted in some minor injuries. There were a few more floors to go until we would reach Mister Han's apartment, which made me wonder how many monsters we could encounter.

With heavy steps, we climbed up the stairs. I was breathing hard seeing we just had to escape a monster again, but it seemed like I wasn't alone. Even the man with scars was walking slower than before. The only one who was not exhausted was Hyun-su who was walking up the stairs, with rapid steps.

This didn't seem like him, seeing how tired he was earlier. Passing a floor Hyun-su stopped in front of the door, while the two of us walked past him. We only came to a halt when he spoke up.

"I think there's a monster here."

Turning around we came face to face with black eyes smiling Hyun-su.

It reminded me of when he was holding the monster so that the kids and I could escape.

"Let's kill it."

What?

Why would we put ourselves in danger to kill it?

The man walked a few steps back to us until he was standing half in front of me. Was he trying to protect me from Hyun-su?

"We can kill it." For a few seconds, he looked at us before opening the door to the floor.

He was about to walk in but slowly moved back looking at us with a wide grin on his face before saying.

"You're scared, aren't you?" I don't know if he was talking to me or the man, but even then it sounded creepy the way he said it.

He was about to walk in, but the man grabbed his bag and pulled him back with a hard jerk. Hyun-su stumbled back but still had a big smile on his face, but that soon vanished when the man punched him in the stomach. In normal circumstances, I would have been angry at the man. But seeing that Hyun-su had snapped out of whatever he was in, I was happy he did it.

"Great job," I whisper to the man.

Like normally he didn't give me an answer. I was about to say something but quickly stopped when the ringing in my ear started. On instinct, I turn around seeing now the door wide open. The heat of the flames washed over my face while the smoke burned my nostrils when I breathed in.

"Sir!"

Just in time, I could see the man being dragged down the hall before he disappeared behind a corner. Hyun-su was the first to run into the flaming hall quickly followed by me. We had to dodge some flames before finally reaching the corner he disappeared when the ringing came back.

Everything seems to go in slow motion for me. My eyes went to the other end of the wall hearing and feeling something dark coming our way at superhuman speed. The way it was running it would run straight into Hyun-su injuring him badly. Without thinking I pushed Hyun-su away just in time to feel a strong wind pass us.