~ 2. 03 ~

Without thinking about it I nodded my head before going back inside

Without thinking about it I nodded my head before going back inside. I was pacing around for a second or two trying to think how we were going to get safely to Mister Han's place let alone to the kids two floors down. My eyes spotted the stick lying on the floor, making an idea pop into my head.

Taking it from the ground I took it with me to the kitchen. I began to look around for a large knife, and I finally found it. I watched as Hyun-su came back inside still a little in shock.

"Do you have duct tape?" I walk to him with the stick and knife.

He had to process what I was saying for a few minutes before nodding his head. I sat down on the floor waiting for him to find it. We need to hurry to help those kids. It's too dangerous for them to be there all alone. Also if we don't get them they will starve eventually.

I put my hair into a ponytail so it would be out of my face, making it easier to see what I was doing.

"Here." I grabbed it from his hand saying a small thanks before ripping a long piece of cutting it with my teeth.

Placing the knife on one end of the stick, I began to wrap the tape around it making it stay in place. I wrapped another two long strips of tape around it making sure it was secured. The whole time Hyun-su was looking down at me probably thinking what the hell I was doing.

"Here, take it," I said standing up.

Slowly he took it looking confused.

"Why?"

I took the ponytail out of my hair and went through it with my hands before answering.

"It's to protect ourselves. You have longer arms than mine, so it is safer for you to use them so that we have a bigger chance to survive and reach Mr. Hans's place." Slowly he nodded his head still with a scared look on his face.

I can't blame him. I'm also scared shitless, but I just want to save those kids.

They need us.

"You better bring a backpack with stuff in it with you. We have no idea how long you'll be gone from here." I suggested.

I would do the same, but all my stuff is downstairs. Maybe we can pass by it if go the kids with us. Listening to my advice, he began to pack a backpack. I was leaning against the wall at the door waiting for him to be done. I'm wondering how Ji-su was doing. Did she find help or did a monster have a chance to..... kill her? I shook my head.

No!

Of course not!

It's Ji-su!

She's too smart to let some stupid monster get her.

"I'm done."

I looked away from the wall and saw Hyun-su standing there with the stick, well spear now, his backpack, and wearing a black sweater. I wish I had a sweater with me. It's still warm outside and I have long sleeves on, but I still enjoy wearing a sweater over my arms. It makes me feel safer that nobody would notice them.