~ 2. 04 ~

Hyun-su must have felt that I wasn't following him because he turned back around looking at me confused

Hyun-su must have felt that I wasn't following him because he turned back around looking at me confused. My breath began to quicken because I had no idea where the monster could be. He made his way back to me asking.

"What's wrong?"

I shook my head lightly.

"I think there's a monster nearby," I said looking around.

"But I don't hear anything through the earbuds?"

Was I wrong? Maybe I'm just scared and stressed so I was hearing and feeling things that aren't there.

"You're right le..." Before I could finish Hyun-su had covered my mouth with his hand, before pointing to his earbud.

I was confused for a second before understanding that he was hearing something. He let go of me while we looked around for a place to hide. I tapped his shoulder nodding my head to the halve-open elevator. Quickly we made our way to it trying to be as quiet as possible.

The elevator shook a little when we dropped in on it, but it quickly stopped. Both sitting on each side we began to wait for whatever was out there. For a second it was quiet before I heard a similar voice and sentence.

"I can't see."

I closed my eyes resting my head against the elevator wall. Why can't that stupid monster just stay away from us? Together with his groaning and speaking, I could hear something scraping against the wall. My best guess was his long nails. He was probably trying to feel around where he was.

I opened my eyes again and saw a camera hanging in the corner of the elevator.

I was hoping that someone was watching and they would send help, but that had a low chance of happening. I heard it walk by slowly groaning further.

Suddenly the lights went out leaving us in a darker elevator.

My eyes went to Hyun-su and saw him covering his noise, which made me confused before the filthy stench reached my mouth. It took me everything to not just poke right here and now. Quickly I covered my nose trying to think about something else. The both of us looked at each other asking one another if we could move again.

I bit my lip watching Hyun-su stand up trying to look outside if something was there, but the moment he was in front of the opening the monster appeared. It tried to get in to grab whoever was there, but when it felt that it didn't fit, its arm shot out just like in the apartment hitting the box with rotten fish that were the source of the horrible smell.

For a second we just sat there, before I raised my axe hacking a part of his root arm off. It let out a scream having its guard completely down. Hyun-su took the chance to stab it, pushing it away when electrocuting it. He quickly jumped out grabbing my hand to pull me faster out of the elevator, so that we had a head start on the monster.