~ 1. 05 ~

Quickly I turned around and to my surprise, I saw Hyun-su closing the door with a bang

We were both taking deep breaths from what just had happened. His back was facing me, but I could tell that he probably had the same scared expression on his face as me.

Both too scared that the girl would hear us we stood there in silence looking at the door. A yelp left my mouth when his doorbell went off together with both of us jumping out of fear.

"Excuse me, are you in?" The voice sounded like the girl's normal voice again.

Maybe that thing wasn't her.

My legs were trembling while I tried to take normal breaths, but the only breaths that came out were short ones.

"Please help me. I'm so scared, please help me." Her voice sounded like she was genuinely terrified.

"Is anybody home? Please help me." Her voice pleaded.

"Hello, please help me." She cried hoping we would hear her.

My breath hitched when Hyun-su took a step to the phone that was on the wall together with the little monitor. I watch as he grabs it with a shaky hand, bringing it slowly to his ear. The screen turned on showing us that it was just the normal girl from earlier today.

"H..hallo? Are you okay?" Hyun-su asked shakingly.

A look of relief washed over the girl's face before she spoke.

"You're home." She said with a sigh of relief and a little smile at the end.

"Did something happen?"

I walked closer to Hyun-su looking over his shoulder at the monitor.

"I just came home, and the door was wide open, and it was a mess inside." Her voice was shaky like she was ready to burst into tears at any second.

"And my cat is gone." She let out a little cry before continuing.

"A...and the floor, it was covered in blood." That must have been the blood I saw in the hallway.

"Please, help me!" She cried out.

I felt bad for her and if that thing was still out there it could get her, but something felt off. The whole time she had been talking the knot in my stomach grew. I had sworn that the voice I heard, in the beginning, was her's. Yet if it was really her she had to look completely different than how she was now.

Hyun-su said that he would call the police to help because we both didn't know what to do about this.

"Can't you stay with me?" She pleaded desperately.

The moment Hyun-su put the phone against his ear a high pitch soon came through it. Quickly I took my phone while I heard him muttering 'What is this?' With shaky fingers, I dialed the number, but the moment I put it against my ear the same high-pitched sound came through.